What's new

Bargnani to Knicks

theonlyone

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA about 11 minutes ago

Toronto is finalizing agreement to send Andrea Bargnani to Knicks for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak and 2016 first-round pick, sources tell Y!

Good...this means the Jazz will not be getting him anytime soon.

I wonder what the Knicks expectations of bargnani are?

To stretch the floor. He still is a great shooter and scorer but can't do anything else. Bargnani and Chandler compliment each other very well. Chandler will hide some of Bargnani's rebounding and defensive flaws.

I know that Bargnani is a SF in a Centers body but he still can help some teams. Would have been great for the Jazz off the bench, too.

To stretch the floor. He still is a great shooter and scorer but can't do anything else. Bargnani and Chandler compliment each other very well. Chandler will hide some of Bargnani's rebounding and defensive flaws.

I know that Bargnani is a SF in a Centers body but he still can help some teams. Would have been great for the Jazz off the bench, too.

I totally spaced the fact that the Knicks have Chandler. He will compliment him nicely, but Chandler will be working double time on the defensive end.

Wow.. TOR - what are they trying to do?
They will be instantly better with Bargs gone. Thought they did an amazing job getting back what they did

Getting back a bag of half eaten would've been great.

As far as the Knicks are concerned are they really this stupid!!! They'll never learn will they. It's funny they just keep making the same mistakes.

I wouldn't touch Bargs with an Al Jefferson sized pole.

Reactions: MVP
Apparently, the NBA nixed it. Saving the teams from themselves?

https://www.citynews.ca/2013/06/30/nba-blocks-bargnani-to-knicks-deal/

After seven seasons appearing on the stage in Toronto, it looked as if Andrea Bargnani was going to take his act to Broadway but the NBA reportedly has not approved the move, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times.

The two sides will now have to adjust the framework of a deal which would have sent the first-overall pick in the 2006 NBA draft to the New York Knicks in exchange for Steve Novak, Marcus Camby, a first-round pick (2016) and two second-round picks (2014, 2017).

If Bargs is moved Masai is just showing why he is getting paid big bucks. They would gladly get rid of him for anything and to get multiple picks and Novak is a super deal for them.