What's new

Batman's Thoughts the Day after the Melo G-Time Duel

Batman

Hayward is playing much better right now than I thought he could. It appears he's made a leap. The reason? I attribute it to a combination of things: Quin's system, Experience of last season, and the added strength. If the Jazz make the playoffs, you have to believe Hayward will get some national love. It would be nice to see the perception of him change. Nationally, it's generally not too high. After the game winner vs. the Cavs, Skip Bayless said on first take that he's not the biggest fan of Hayward (i.e. He does not think he's all that good a player.) It would be nice and refreshing as hell for the narrative about Hayward to be on par with the narrative of a healthy Paul George. Maybe Hayward isn't that good. But then again, maybe he is or close to it. Time will tell.

I think Melo is a douche. really pissed me off when he shoved Hayward in the 4th when Hayward was playing him tough off the ball. Refs should have called something. What the hell was that, refs???

Favors has been on and off as far as stats go, but more on than off which is good. I have to think he'll get more consistent as he gets more experience in the system. At least that's the hope. Quin is really using him much better than Ty did. I just don't understand what Ty was thinking. Gotta wonder if Ty watches re runs of the Jazz games and thinks to himself, "Man, what was I thinking?"

Gobert is great defensively but I am starting to see the limitations more and more on the offensive end. Hope he gets better.

Nice to see Trey be more efficient. Is he finally out of the slump?

We are the 10th ranked offense in the NBA right now. I did not expect that. But we are also the 26th ranked defense. Will that get batter with time and experience? Good sign is that Hayward and Favors both have a killer PER. One thing is certain at this point. For the first time since Hayward got here, I felt confident something good was going to happen last night when he had the ball in his hands toward the end of the game.

Dante Exum- I see the tools, the potential, and the youth. He's 19. A few years away from us knowing what he shall be. As I watched the game last night, I just kept thinking. Man, If Exum gets to the point where he can dominate a game at times, we should be on track to be a very good team. Perhaps not great. But very good is pretty good. And maybe by the time Dirk and Duncan have faded into retirement, The Jazz will make their rise. Really Want to see it happen. I really want to see us be a contender in the West. It all hinges on Dante's ceiling, because I think the defense and Chemistry will get better and I think we know that we can count on Hayward and Favors being really good pieces. And it looks like there are some solid pieces around G-time and Favs too. Hood, Burks, Kanter, Gobert and Burke should only get better. The biggest question then is Can Exum be as good or better than Hayward and Favors? If he does end up better, We are going to be set up for success for the next decade as long as no major injuries get in the way.

Lastly, A part of me just wants to bring back Millsap to pair with the Favors Kanter Gobert Front court. In the parlance of Wanye from Wayne's World: "It could happen... yeah, right... And monkeys might fly out of my butt."

Cheers!

... but that's what Batman's supposed to do.

"Batman" is a symbol for justice, he is not an actual person per se.

so a symbol for justice is 'supposed' to refer to itself in the 3rd person.. ? I never heard that rule.

so a symbol for justice is 'supposed' to refer to itself in the 3rd person.. ? I never heard that rule.

Well when Bruce Wayne talks about Batman doing crime fighting stuff, he'll still have to refer to "Batman" in the 3rd person won't he? He won't actually say "I did that".

Batgirl's thoughts on Jazz:

3-10-2.jpg

"They be sexy as hell."

Hayward is playing much better right now than I thought he could. It appears he's made a leap. The reason? I attribute it to a combination of things: Quin's system, Experience of last season, and the added strength. If the Jazz make the playoffs, you have to believe Hayward will get some national love. It would be nice to see the perception of him change. Nationally, it's generally not too high. After the game winner vs. the Cavs, Skip Bayless said on first take that he's not the biggest fan of Hayward (i.e. He does not think he's all that good a player.) It would be nice and refreshing as hell for the narrative about Hayward to be on par with the narrative of a healthy Paul George. Maybe Hayward isn't that good. But then again, maybe he is or close to it. Time will tell.

I think Melo is a douche. really pissed me off when he shoved Hayward in the 4th when Hayward was playing him tough off the ball. Refs should have called something. What the hell was that, refs???

Favors has been on and off as far as stats go, but more on than off which is good. I have to think he'll get more consistent as he gets more experience in the system. At least that's the hope. Quin is really using him much better than Ty did. I just don't understand what Ty was thinking. Gotta wonder if Ty watches re runs of the Jazz games and thinks to himself, "Man, what was I thinking?"

Gobert is great defensively but I am starting to see the limitations more and more on the offensive end. Hope he gets better.

Nice to see Trey be more efficient. Is he finally out of the slump?

We are the 10th ranked offense in the NBA right now. I did not expect that. But we are also the 26th ranked defense. Will that get batter with time and experience? Good sign is that Hayward and Favors both have a killer PER. One thing is certain at this point. For the first time since Hayward got here, I felt confident something good was going to happen last night when he had the ball in his hands toward the end of the game.

Dante Exum- I see the tools, the potential, and the youth. He's 19. A few years away from us knowing what he shall be. As I watched the game last night, I just kept thinking. Man, If Exum gets to the point where he can dominate a game at times, we should be on track to be a very good team. Perhaps not great. But very good is pretty good. And maybe by the time Dirk and Duncan have faded into retirement, The Jazz will make their rise. Really Want to see it happen. I really want to see us be a contender in the West. It all hinges on Dante's ceiling, because I think the defense and Chemistry will get better and I think we know that we can count on Hayward and Favors being really good pieces. And it looks like there are some solid pieces around G-time and Favs too. Hood, Burks, Kanter, Gobert and Burke should only get better. The biggest question then is Can Exum be as good or better than Hayward and Favors? If he does end up better, We are going to be set up for success for the next decade as long as no major injuries get in the way.

Lastly, A part of me just wants to bring back Millsap to pair with the Favors Kanter Gobert Front court. In the parlance of Wanye from Wayne's World: "It could happen... yeah, right... And monkeys might fly out of my butt."

Cheers!

Thee Jazz fan wanted me to let you know he thinks you are an idiot.

Thee Jazz fan wanted me to let you know he thinks you are an idiot.

Way to pick up stones, Vermin, even if it is vicariously. But why hurl them towards the innocent when the guy with the Tommy Gun and a fedora already has me cornered and pitted against blind intolerance.