What's new

Being able to scroll back through old threads broken.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I was looking for a thread I thought had been posted in recently and ended up going back 4 pages in GD threads. That's all there was, which was actually 3.5 pages as the fourth page was short. I'm pretty sure I can search to find the post I'm looking for, but I wonder why I can't just scroll back through page after page through every post ever made?

I'll check to see if it's a setting in my profile. But I just tried again, I can only go back 70 threads, to 10/19/17 currently, in the GD forum.

Nothing to see here, move along folks...

Yeah I'm dumb. Not sure when or why I changed the setting but it was in "general settings > thread display options > default thread age cutoff," which I had changed to "show threads from the past month." Thinking about it, I changed it when you changed how many threads were shown per page thinking that might give me more threads on each page. It didn't do anything that I noticed at the time and I didn't change it back.

doesn't it make you feel so proud of yourself when you're able to solve your own problems?

I think that's worth posting in the reverse pet peeves thread - if you can find it :)

@colton

test, do mentions still work?

Edit: Looks like they do. Was showing up weird in some of the mod forums...

I cannot find the settings section of which BP speaks. Can someone post a link?