What's new

"Bell questioning his role now that the Jazz have Watson as the primary backup to pg Harris"

Chad Feldheimer

"One player who could soon be available is Utah sharpshooter and defender Raja Bell, who is getting lost in the Jazz’s rebuilding plan. Bell entered last night shooting just 26 percent from the field and has questioned his role now that the Jazz have Earl Watson as the primary backup to point guard Devin Harris. Bell was one of the game’s top on-ball defenders in past years but at 35, it’s uncertain how much he has left to offer an interested team." https://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2012/01/08/nelson_mavericks_try_to_put_pieces_together/?page=5

That is some informed reporting right there.

I wasn't aware Bell was the backup PG and Watson moved him down the depth chart. Good to know.

Someone please tell this Boston "reporter" he's a real moran!

a sharpshooter who shoots 26%. interesting deduction. a backup to devin harris. new news. i wonder how informative the rest of the article is.

I had a nightmare about Bell playing point once.

Sean Williams’s NBA stint lasted two weeks, as the Mavericks sent him to Texas of the NBADL. He played three games for Dallas, averaging 4.7 points. With the signing of Yi Jianlian, the ex-Boston College standout was expendable.

I think this should be the standard we measure our success level by this year. When/if we start getting the yearly, "Let's give Sean Williams a shot" yammering on this board, that's a bad sign. If we can avoid that this year, things are good in Jazzland.

Pretty sure their sports guy is on vacation.

Not bad reallly, considered it was written by the dietician/fashion guy.

I'm sure that reporter is right on top of what's going on with Jazz basketball <roll eyes>. Maybe he's looking for a b/u for Ray Allen...