What's new

Best drive-thru nachos?

Duck Rodgers

Well, I guess it doesn't have to be drive-thru, just somewhere I can pick up nachos quickly when I'm craving it. Because my 2 year old love affair with the Macho Nachos at Del Taco is officially over. Those cheap ******** started skimping on the nacho cheese, even asking specifically for more cheese gets me nowhere. Tried 3 different Del Tacos over a period of a few months and they all gave me a plate of chips and sour cream and little else. We're done.

Well, I guess it doesn't have to be drive-thru, just somewhere I can pick up nachos quickly when I'm craving it. Because my 2 year old love affair with the Macho Nachos at Del Taco is officially over. Those cheap ******** started skimping on the nacho cheese, even asking specifically for more cheese gets me nowhere. Tried 3 different Del Tacos over a period of a few months and they all gave me a plate of chips and sour cream and little else. We're done.

Fat people problems

Del Taco keeps killing their best items. Their fish tacos used to be just short of crack. Then they went to the stupid "beer battered" fish that gets soggy before you can unwrap them if you get them in a drivethrough. They were also one of the last to have a resonably priced "macho taco" with everything and sour cream, then they cut that down to half sized. I am not sure how they are still in business. I certainly won't go there anymore.

Del Taco keeps killing their best items. Their fish tacos used to be just short of crack. Then they went to the stupid "beer battered" fish that gets soggy before you can unwrap them if you get them in a drivethrough. They were also one of the last to have a resonably priced "macho taco" with everything and sour cream, then they cut that down to half sized. I am not sure how they are still in business. I certainly won't go there anymore.

Hmmmm. That's what I thinking about their underrated hamburgers too. They seemed really small last time I got one, but I don't get those with enough regularity to even know for sure if that was the case. Too bad. I do/did think it's one of the better fast food joints.

I always order a large side of green sauce. I'll be like "Hey, I want the one in the big Styrofoam container, I'll pay extra. " Still they give me a tiny little dab of it in the itty bitty plastic container.
I'll be like "Hey, I wanted the big one."
They'll say "It costs more."
I say "Yeah, I know. Could ya get it for me please."
-Every time

I don't really like their food but it's pretty awesome when it's smothered in green sauce. Even the Bacon Double Del Cheeseburger is awesome w/green sauce.

Carne Asada Fries from Beto's are kinda like Nachos. It's pretty good. Beto's is hit and miss though. Not super standard. Some locations are good others not so much. Also don't forget to get plenty of green sauce. (it's best if you go to Del Taco first to get the green sauce)
thumb_600.jpg

Last edited:
Boys, I've got big news on the fast food front. Well, it could be old news. No idea when it happened....but I drove past an El Pollo Loco.....in Utah.....last night. We've arrived. This is much bigger than the day In'n'out or Krispy Kreme stepped in. Unfortunately when I looked at the menu this morning El Pollo Loco seems to have dropped their SoCal renowned chicken nachos off their menu in every location....but still.....El Pollo Loco in Utah. Game changer. Only two apparently though - Lehi and St. George.

Boys, I've got big news on the fast food front. Well, it could be old news. No idea when it happened....but I drove past an El Pollo Loco.....in Utah.....last night. We've arrived. This is much bigger than the day In'n'out or Krispy Kreme stepped in. Unfortunately when I looked at the menu this morning El Pollo Loco seems to have dropped their SoCal renowned chicken nachos off their menu in every location....but still.....El Pollo Loco in Utah. Game changer. Only two apparently though - Lehi and St. George.

It's been there for several years.

Del taco has those little nachos for 99 cents. 3 of those with a dozen inferno sauces, best 3$ lunch out there.

Del taco has those little nachos for 99 cents. 3 of those with a dozen inferno sauces, best 3$ lunch out there.

Yeah, I'll have try that. Maybe the cheese spread would go up that way. Or maybe I'll have start cobbling together like $5 worth of the dollar menu at these places and dump it all on a plate of chips. Have like a cheeseburger....Corndog.....shrimp nachos.

That reminds me, I've never tried the nachos at Taco Time because they always looked small. Just double them up and they should be good to go. And I know a lot people hate Taco Time.....but I love Taco Time. I'd be okay with eating nothing but Crisp Juan Burritos for the rest of my life.....so I bet they make a decent plate of nachos.