What's new

Best Jazz 3-point shooter ever

Who was the best 3-point shooter for the Jazz?

• Griffith

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Foye

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Hornacek

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Korver

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • CJ Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okur

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Russell

• Stockton

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Deron Williams

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

• Total voters
Foye is having his best 3-pt shooting season ever this year at .433. Otherwise, his career numbers are .377.

Stockton had 5 seasons where he shot over .422, and his best season was .462.

Okur's best season was .446.

Korver had a crazy season where he shot .536, but otherwise he's had more normal shooing numbers. He's doing well in Atlanta this year though.

Hornacek's best season was .466.

I guess an argument can be made that Hornacek was a better pure shooter, but Stockton was way more clutch.

Memo. He was clutch as hell and won many games for us in the last seconds.

With his size, he could shoot over anybody. Add his clutchness, he was the biggest three point weapon the Jazz have ever had, imo.

I'll take Jeff Hornacek, the guy who won two 3-Point Contests, shot 43% behind the arc for his Jazz career and was the 3rd-scorer who pushed Utah over the hump to three 60-win seasons and 2 NBA Finals appearances.

Where's the Raja Bell option?

If I absolutely needed someone to take and make a 3-pt shot, I'm taking Stockton.

You guys are forgetting the number of late-game and 2-for-1 situations where he'd pull up on the move from 28 feet and drill the shot.

He also got up towards 50% 3-pt percentage by the end of his career.

I still think Stockton is the best 3-pt shooter. Otherwise, Foye would be the most confident and versatile shooter, but he's streaky. He got hot during the 2nd half of last season, and he's got it going now, mostly playing off of Al, but I would still trust Stockton to get and make a 3-pt shot in virtually every situation.

Foye is having his best 3-pt shooting season ever this year at .433. Otherwise, his career numbers are .377.

Stockton had 5 seasons where he shot over .422, and his best season was .462.

Okur's best season was .446.

Korver had a crazy season where he shot .536, but otherwise he's had more normal shooing numbers. He's doing well in Atlanta this year though.

Hornacek's best season was .466.

I guess an argument can be made that Hornacek was a better pure shooter, but Stockton was way more clutch.
Catchall has it right. Of all those players he probably took the least amount of threes, but if he had the mentality of Foye or Memo, there's no doubt in my mind he'd have been stone cold killer from three.
Memo. He was clutch as hell and won many games for us in the last seconds.

With his size, he could shoot over anybody. Add his clutchness, he was the biggest three point weapon the Jazz have ever had, imo.

did you not watch Stocktons career? He did that consistently more then Memo did he was always thought of as one of the great clutch players to ever play, and that wasn't just the opinion of the people in Utah either. If you listen to the famous "John Stockton sends the Utah Jazz to the NBA finals", call you know they new the shot was going in before he shot the ball.

I voted for Horny but this board is showing how young we are. Was blown away that Griff didn't have any votes.

Could you imagine the open looks Foye would get if you swapped out Al for Boozer?

I voted memo just because he was money. when the game was on the line I wanted him shooting it. stock and horny where great but I have to go with the money.