What's new

Best PG's in Jazz history

When was that? Paul has been viewed by pretty much everyone except Utah fans as better than D Will from the beginning.
I think you are mis-remembering. I was never a big Deron fan, but I definitely recall him dominating Paul, especially in head-to-head matchups, earlier in their careers.

So everyone claiming that "everyone" said deron was better than Chris Paul please post some backup evidence. Otherwise y'all just a bunch of fan girls. Paul has always been viewed, outside of Utah, as being better than deron. His stats prove that out as well. Deron was marginally better in head to head match ups. That's it.

By 2008, Paul was ranked as the NBA’s top point guard by NBA general managers, in their annual survey, with 89 percent of the vote. Williams won the poll in 2010, with 50 percent of the vote, before falling into the abyss.

Williams did not even crack the poll in 2011, 2012 or 2013. A Sports Illustrated ranking last spring listed Williams as the NBA’s eighth-best point guard, behind Paul, Parker, Westbrook, Rose, Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo and Stephen Curry.

https://m.bleacherreport.com/articl...s-paul-in-nbas-elite-point-guard-conversation

Deron with the Jazz was fantastic. After he left, I really haven't heard much about him as far as top point guards being discussed, but while he was here and definitely for the first years after he and CP were drafted he was better than CP

Speaking of Eric Murdock, one of the guys he was traded for, Jay Humphries, played some PG and SG throughout his career. I honestly can't remember how much he played PG with the Jazz.

Absolutely. Humphries was stocks primary backup 2 years in the early 90s. Also played the deuce with stock in small lineups. Crotty was 3rd string. Solid player, belongs on top 10.

Respectfully yours, an old guy who remembers

I remember multiple message boards that I frequented that were very far outside of Utah, where people debated between Paul and DWill constantly.

This list is incredibly shallow below John Stockton. I expected an all star cast coming into this and was let down.

<3 DWill, **** Chris Paul

Absolutely. Humphries was stocks primary backup 2 years in the early 90s. Also played the deuce with stock in small lineups. Crotty was 3rd string. Solid player, belongs on top 10.

Respectfully yours, an old guy who remembers

I don't know this Humphries of which you speak, but I know a better one.
26963.jpg

When was that? Paul has been viewed by pretty much everyone except Utah fans as better than D Will from the beginning.

No, there was a time during DWill's peak (when was it: 2007-2010?) when there was a very good debate, not just in Utah. But before and after peak, CP3 has been clearly superior.

So everyone claiming that "everyone" said deron was better than Chris Paul please post some backup evidence. Otherwise y'all just a bunch of fan girls. Paul has always been viewed, outside of Utah, as being better than deron. His stats prove that out as well. Deron was marginally better in head to head match ups. That's it.
Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith thought Dwill was the best PG in the league at one point...https://saltcityhoops.com/dwill-on-tnt/

No, there was a time during DWill's peak (when was it: 2007-2010?) when there was a very good debate, not just in Utah. But before and after peak, CP3 has been clearly superior.
This, though I think even at dwills peak the consensus was probably still in cp3's favor, narrowly

This, though I think even at dwills peak the consensus was probably still in cp3's favor, narrowly

As a Jazz fan it took me a long time to admit this, though I always hoped DWill would be the better guard and made all the typical fan excuses in his favor.

CP3 was always better; Deron always got the better of it in the head to head.

I wouldn't say Deron was marginally better, but consistently better in head to head matchups. And yes, there was a time when Deron was considered the best PG in the league, however short-lived, and it wasn't just among Jazz fans.

I would think the GMs of the league would count as people outside of Utah.
The annual NBA.com GM Survey, released Wednesday, says the Lakers are the team to beat, according to 63 percent of the 28 general managers who responded.

Other winners included John Wall as the league's rookie of the year (68 percent); Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz as the league's best point guard (60 percent); Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and Pau Gasol of the Lakers as the top power forward (29 percent); Howard as the league's top center (96 percent); James as the best small forward (68 percent); and Bryant as the top shooting guard (86 percent).

This list is incredibly shallow below John Stockton. I expected an all star cast coming into this and was let down.

<3 DWill, **** Chris Paul

So D Will is boyfriend material, while Paul is the one you bang in the front seat of his chevy pickup?