What's new

Best Places to Eat in Utah Thread

PHO 99

There is no other place worth eating.

Google it or PM me for more details.

I've been to Utah three times and ate in some very good places although the names of some elude me...some of you guys might be able to derive from the locations. Last time there was this very good BBQ joint i stopped at, just off I-15 at the exit where i got off to go to Antelope.

It's in Layton and it' Famous Dave's, a national chain. It's excellent. For BBQ, I prefer Pat's, but Famous Dave's is a close second.

Pho 99 is pretty good, I'd put it on about the same level as Pho Hua. Pho Cali is the best though.

Myung Ga if you like Korean.

David's Kitchen is still pretty good Chinese. The pot stickers and hot and sour soup are must try if you go there.

El Gallo Giro in Orem (though there's one in Provo, it's not as good) is the best, most authentic Mexican restaurant in the state.
The Philadelphian in Sandy has the best cheesesteak in the state.
Royal India in Sandy is likely the best restaurant in the state.

Pho 99 is pretty good, I'd put it on about the same level as Pho Hua. Pho Cali is the best though.

22, you are now my best friend. Where is this Pho Cali located? I like going to Pho 99 because i don't even have to order -- I walk in and they scream from the kitchen, "YOU WAN NUMMA TWO?!", which of course I do.

I do like La Puenta for Mexican food though -- good stuff, tons of food for your buck.

22, you are now my best friend. Where is this Pho Cali located? I like going to Pho 99 because i don't even have to order -- I walk in and they scream from the kitchen, "YOU WAN NUMMA TWO?!", which of course I do.

So you get the same thing every time you go? Wow, what a food maverick.

Talk about boring bro. Live a little. Oh wait you can't your....forget it.

So, seriously, is Mel Gibson nuts or what?

I have not posted here in a long time but decided to post and had to resign up because I think there is a lot of stuff left that could be added.

Burgers: In and Out (From california and so I might be a little biased but its better and cheaper than smash, 5guys, tony burger, and all the new start ups that raced here as soon as they got word in and out was coming)
Hires Big H (2nd best burger joint in utah and I think has the same owners as litzas?)

sushi: takashi (lots of sushi places exploded everywhere it seemed but takashi is still #1)

Indian: bombay house (number #1 indian in utah)
curry in a hurry (good for on the go indian.)

BBQ: Pats (great ribs and great all around bbq)
sugar house bbq (great ribs as well and amazing sides and dessert)

japenese: koko kitchen (all home made and amazing)

sandwiches: There always tons of places to choose from on this subject but here are the best three I can think of.
Moochies meat balls and more (best philly ever)
cutlers (in davis county more of a cold cut joint plus has good cookies)
legers deli (cheap cheap for what you get and its really good)

Pizza: The pie (hands down)
Este pizza
Litzas pizza

thai: sawadee
thai siam

Italian: I can never find a really good authentic italian food place in utah, but american italian spagetti factory is good.

Mexican: there are so many mexican restaurants in utah I have gotten sick of beans, cheese and rice. So a little biased on this one as well.

Not really in a category but nelsons frozen custard is the best frozen treat you will ever have, unless you go to italy and get gelato...

I will post more as I think of stuff but I think this is a good start :)

No, Myung ga is not good if you like korean, it's good if you are a ****** and enjoy overpaying for sub-par korean. It's a bad joke. If you want semi-passable korean food (good korean food doesn't exist here, especially KBBQ Vinyl) You must come to Provo, and go to Asian Fusion. It's kind of hard to find, it's on 5th west just before you go up the hill in the mini-mall with the mexican market. Ask the waiter what to order, if not, order the pork bulgogi just to be safe. If you are versed in the ways of korean food, the haejangkuk is fantastic as well as the gamjatang. they serve Jjambbong if you're a fan, great sundubu jjigae. any questions pm me.

SD, you sound like you know your stuff....

Just went to this place in Highland Park last night. Good Girl Dinette. Try to go there a few times a month...food is damn good.

And you can bring in alcohol from the street...no corkage fee. Holla.