What's new

Best Places to Eat in Utah Thread

It has been over 10 years, since I lived in SLC. Here are the places on my short list. I'm not even sure if they are still around:

La Cai Vietnamese restaurant on State Street

Breakfast/brunch at The Park Cafe next to Liberty Park

Red Iguana on North Temple (I think) for hardcore Mexican food

I liked Red Butte Cafe in Foothill Village for sandwiches and desserts.

Bangkok Thai in Foothill Village is also okay.

Brunch at Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon is nice.

Greek food at The Other Place downtown used to be okay.

A couple of the sushi places are alright -- Ginza and the one in the big church building.

Squatters brew pub.

I know it's not a restaurant but I have to give props to Harmon's grocery store. If you're looking to stay at home and have some great food this is where I always shop. They have specialty artisan breads that they bake daily. My favorites are the garlic or Asiago green onion. The blue cheese walnut is pretty damn good too. There's a white chocolate pecan that my wife loves.

They also have a "cheese counter" where there are over a hundred specialty cheeses imported from all over the world with a cheese expert that can help you pick out a cheese that matches your taste or the meal that you are preparing.

Laslty, their butcher shop is hands down the best of any major grocery chain in Utah. A couple weeks ago I picked up a baby petite fillet that I cooked on the BBQ grill that nearly melted in my mouth. Coupled with the asiago bread, a baked potato, some black label brie cheese and a Maudite beer I had one of the more memorable meals in my life. It was simply awesome and as good as any meal that I have ever had at a restaurant.

Brittons is legit. Corbins up north is good. Brick Oven in Provo. Family Tree in Santaquin. There's a good steak place in Payson but I can't remember the name.

Moochies: Best Philly Cheesesteak in the city.

Olympus Burger: Great Greek food

Ocean City: Personal favorite chinese

Ruth`s Diner: Their Chocolate Pudding is amazing(No fatty)

Everybody keeps mentioning Ruth's Diner. I've never eaten there, but driven by it a few times. Maybe I'll have to take Mrs. Catratcho there on our next date.

I know it's not a restaurant but I have to give props to Harmon's grocery store. If you're looking to stay at home and have some great food this is where I always shop. They have specialty artisan breads that they bake daily. My favorites are the garlic or Asiago green onion. The blue cheese walnut is pretty damn good too. There's a white chocolate pecan that my wife loves.

They also have a "cheese counter" where there are over a hundred specialty cheeses imported from all over the world with a cheese expert that can help you pick out a cheese that matches your taste or the meal that you are preparing.

Laslty, their butcher shop is hands down the best of any major grocery chain in Utah. A couple weeks ago I picked up a baby petite fillet that I cooked on the BBQ grill that nearly melted in my mouth. Coupled with the asiago bread, a baked potato, some black label brie cheese and a Maudite beer I had one of the more memorable meals in my life. It was simply awesome and as good as any meal that I have ever had at a restaurant.
... the **** is this ****? A GROCERY STORE?! Hell nah.

I get most of my meals at the Provo temple because I'm there all day baptizing the dead for God. Their pork chops are off the ****ing chain.

-Craig

Yes, I teach at BYU. You should drop by sometime since I've noticed you know very little about our church. Thanks for checking out my post.

- Your homie, Craig

yeah thats why we sell out every day. and i am a bit worried that you have tasted sandy butt hole. but if thats your thing then go for it i guess.