What's new

Beta testers of a new layout

Still picking? I'm down. Are there gonna be dislikes too? Or just remove the entire post voting systems?

Not sure but likely no dislike features. This is a re-skin only for now and some extra features we already have may take a while to get re-added. Work in progress.

...speaking of which, anyone good with CSS?

Ok, those that posted prior to this message have been converted to the new UI. You must logout and login to see it I believe. Please post your feedback here in this thread or in a new thread in this forum.

1. I appreciate the feedback, no matter what it is.
2. I prefer constructive feedback that might include a suggestion on how to fix it.
3. It is VERY MUCH a work in progress. There are no ads, for example. I'll be adding back features (and ads) over the coming days/weeks based on feedback and availability.
4. If you want to opt out at anytime, let me know.
5. I would appreciate testing on your phones as well. I'm hoping you get a streamlined design when coming from your phone. Please let me know if you do or if you see the same thing as you see on a computer or as you saw yesterday. As a note, EVERYONE, is beta testing that feature today on mobile. I couldn't isolate it to just this group so if you didn't get to join, try your phone browser. I'm NOT talking about Tapa - that hasn't changed.

Thanks in advance!

It looks as though oldtimer and grandpa jazz have naked photos of you and are blackmailing you into this new layout.

Is there a way to give premium members the ability to only see the old layout? Honestly, it's pretty bad. It's like a culmination of all the other sites that have "dumbed" down their websites. You should have seen and read the uproar when Bloomberg changed their layout. Folks were pissed.

Anyway, I will continue testing and checking.

It looks as though oldtimer and grandpa jazz have naked photos of you and are blackmailing you into this new layout.

Is there a way to give premium members the ability to only see the old layout? Honestly, it's pretty bad. It's like a culmination of all the other sites that have "dumbed" down their websites. You should have seen and read the uproar when Bloomberg changed their layout. Folks were pissed.

Just let me know if you want to go back, that's fine.

Also, everyone please be clear whether its the mobile page (stripped down, yes) that you're commenting on or the full site version. You'll know the difference I hope because mobile will be pretty basic.

I don't know bruh. To me, you are the one who sounds like an old person who can't adapt to change. As for Bloomberg, we had a forum discussion with Josh Topolsky before he left The Verge about the possibility of redesigning Bloomberg into a more slick and modern look. I argued that the idea won't fly with Bloomberg's old-fog demographic. He insisted that I was just being cynical. Heh.

Haven't checked full-version, but mobile version is a bit too stripped down I think. Let's see how I feel about it with more use.

Not a big fan of how when you type in the message box it's in "Courier New" font but when it's posted it's changed to Arial... just seems like it's not very consistent.

Also think the default size should be slightly larger...

Just my 2 cents.

Not a big fan of how when you type in the message box it's in "Courier New" font but when it's posted it's changed to Arial... just seems like it's not very consistent.

Also think the default size should be slightly larger...

Just my 2 cents.

Are you referring to the quick reply box? Also, mobile version or full? I don't see Courier New in the full quick reply box but I'll keep messing.

Are you referring to the quick reply box? Also, mobile version or full? I don't see Courier New in the full quick reply box but I'll keep messing.

Quick reply box, or even this 'Reply with Quote' box I'm typing in, all I see is Courier New... I'm using the full version on Chrome and Macbook Pro.

Quick reply box, or even this 'Reply with Quote' box I'm typing in, all I see is Courier New... I'm using the full version on Chrome and Macbook Pro.

Testing... changed font to Courier New one time in this box... does it persist or reset?

eh, i'll play more. it reset to default (nothing) after I tried a second time.

Just let me know if you want to go back, that's fine.

I'll stick with it until I dont.

Also, everyone please be clear whether its the mobile page (stripped down, yes) that you're commenting on or the full site version. You'll know the difference I hope because mobile will be pretty basic.

All my critiques thus far have been of the full version.

I don't know bruh. To me, you are the one who sounds like an old person who can't adapt to change. As for Bloomberg, we had a forum discussion with Josh Topolsky before he left The Verge about the possibility of redesigning Bloomberg into a more slick and modern look. I argued that the idea won't fly with Bloomberg's old-fog demographic. He insisted that I was just being cynical. Heh.

You've got me pegged completely. It's almost uncanny how much you know me.

This is what happens when I type in the Quick Reply box...

1zc01l0.jpg

Testing... changed font to Courier New one time in this box... does it persist or reset?

eh, i'll play more. it reset to default (nothing) after I tried a second time.

This is what I see from your post...

1zea5hh.png

So far I like it a lot. It looks much cleaner and more pronounced/easier to navigate.

The new design has grown on me, Admin. I like it more now. I do hate those 4 big block boxes at the top of the main page though.

Chatbox font options are working. "Bold" option is not working. Resets to thinner font after posting.

^ includes all fonts until Microsoft Sans Serif