What's new

Beverley to Lakers for THT and Stanley Johnson

I know that. I’m disputing anyone saying he can be viewed as a returning piece in this trade. If we didn’t value him when he was free (and when we could have actually used him), we don’t get to pretend we see him as returning value.
You know they will though... its just like the second round pick thing we always complain about. When we trade seconds its "lolz it only cost us a second to do XYZ". When we pass on a player we could have used and he gets traded for seconds its "lolz you can't just give up that valuable resource for a guy on an expiring deal".

And now Ainge just trust the good faith of the Lakers to uphold whatever the other end of this "down payment" is?
Its a non-refundable deposit we are cool losing if it doesn't work out. This **** happens all the time... you "buy work" here to get more profitable work in another deal or area. You don't always get the other part of the work.

Hey Lakers we'd like to do the mega trade with you...

You can't do it now and we have other deals we like...

Can you wait for us....

Nah....

What if we do this part of the deal now... and if we can't get Cam or deliver later then nbd.

Okay.

It may not be the case but it is far more likely this is a pre-cursor to another deal rather than a single deal on its own.

Its a non-refundable deposit we are cool losing if it doesn't work out. This **** happens all the time... you "buy work" here to get more profitable work in another deal or area. You don't always get the other part of the work.

Hey Lakers we'd like to do the mega trade with you...

You can't do it now and we have other deals we like...

Can you wait for us....

Nah....

What if we do this part of the deal now... and if we can't get Cam or deliver later then nbd.

Okay.
So the thing holding up this mega deal is our ability to get Cam Reddish?

So the thing holding up this mega deal is our ability to get Cam Reddish?
Cam/Beasley (can't be aggregated) or Rose possibly... all guys that have had rumored interest from LA. All guys that have expiring deals that would help ensure LA has the space to sign Russ but allow them to fill out the rotation this year.

Cam/Beasley (can't be aggregated) or Rose possibly... all guys that have had rumored interest from LA. All guys that have expiring deals that would help ensure LA has the space to sign Russ but allow them to fill out the rotation this year.
Well the aggregation will be able to happen soon.

So the only thing holding up the mega deal you're talking about is Cam (or Cam and Rose).

So if the Mitchell deal happens (it wont) and we fail to get Cam back (which seems like it would be very easy to throw him in if asked for), does that prove the down payment theory wrong?

So the only thing holding up the mega deal you're talking about is Cam (or Cam and Rose).

So if the Mitchell deal happens (it wont) and we fail to get Cam back (which seems like it would be very easy to throw him in if asked for), does that prove the down payment theory wrong?
Nope.

Life is filled with people doing others favors in hopes that it sews goodwill and good faith. That's all this has to be, but it can also be more than that.

If we don't trade for Russ with either the Minny guys or something from a 3 team deal then I'm likely wrong. If LA trades Russ in the next day or two or before Sept 6 then I am wrong. Cam or Rose not being in the deal wouldn't mean much.

If we do a Russ deal period I feel strongly I am right here, but every naysayer will bend over backwards to say they are unrelated.

Nope.

Life is filled with people doing others favors in hopes that it sews goodwill and good faith. That's all this has to be, but it can also be more than that.
Its like someone paying $100k for right of first refusal on a property. Maybe you close if circumstances are right... but there is a chance you burned $100k.

If the Indiana deal happens in the next 5-6 days I was wrong.

The Jazz announced the trade so it must already be official. No waiting until September needed.

Its not a stretch at all. Two teams are discussing a deal. They want to consummate a deal but they literally can't for a couple weeks. Both sides would rather not take the others word for it so they take action now on something they can do.

Look when we end up doing the Westbrook deal none of yall get to come back here and tell me these two deals were unrelated. I guarantee it was discussed in detail. It is likely not agreed upon because there are too many other factors... its not a stretch for them to say "Hey we both like the total idea of the bigger package here... we know you have other offers... tell you what... we will do the THT part of this deal now and just wait until September or until we resolve our Donovan NY stuff to execute the rest of this."

It isn't any harder to do as two deals... lol... yall act like pinkie promises and wink and nod deals never happen in the NBA.

Is it more believable that both teams wanted this trade as it is, or is it more believable that the Jazz gave this deal to the Lakers to get a pinkie swear that they will delay a deal with IND.....I know what I think lol. Both teams wanted this THT-Bev deal independent of what happens with WB. That's why it's already done. I didn't think the Jazz got great value out of Beverley, but it's not like this is the a trade that should alarm any suspicions. Many people are happy with here, and I get it. There's a ton of wink wink stuff in the NBA, but there's no reason for it here and the more simple explanation that both teams just wanted this trade for what it was is far more plausible.