What's new

Big men looking good!

jazzrule

Favors PER 22.4,Gobert PER 21.2,Hayward PER 20,Kanter PER 19

I found this over at Realgm. Just think when Exum gains experience and takes over the point guard duties the PER for these 4 players will certainly go up, as he has the size to pass over the top. Patience is needed...as we are headed in the right direction. For those that don't know, 15 PER is considered the average player rating in the NBA.

Like I said in a post weeks ago I can not wait for the lineup of:

Exum - point guard
Burks - shooting guard
Hayward - small forward
Favors - power forward (Kanter has been coming on, as of late.)
Gobert - center

I for one am excited about the future.

I still have hopes for Burks being a very good starter. He really needs to improve his ball handling though. I just noticed this year, but his handle kind of blows. If his initial move doesn't get to the rim, his next move is usually pretty sloppy. Hayward had the same problem last year. Hayward added a lot of strength that allowed him to get to the rim a lot easier, not sure if Burks can do the same though.

I still have hopes for Burks being a very good starter. He really needs to improve his ball handling though. I just noticed this year, but his handle kind of blows. If his initial move doesn't get to the rim, his next move is usually pretty sloppy. Hayward had the same problem last year. Hayward added a lot of strength that allowed him to get to the rim a lot easier, not sure if Burks can do the same though.
Burks needs to spend the whole offseason doing whatever the hell Hayward is doing. Lift weights, shooting threes, post game, hot wife, etc. - because whatever it is. . . it's working for him.

The silver lining in Burks season is he is closing in on 40% three point shooting and is over 80% + free throw shooting. For whatever reason his slashing game is worse in Quin's system, and he doesn't look overly confident doing it. But we know Burks isn't a super high IQ player so might want to wait a year before considering a trade.

I think Burks is a solid player but a solid bench player not a starter, I think Hood will be a better fit as a starter in the future.
I agree that Alec should come off the bench. Hood looked almost like a PG tonight. No reason he shouldn't be playing 20+ mins with Jingles assigned to guard the Gatorade.

The problem we have with Burks/Hayward is that both of them look to penetrate. When Alec controls the ball, Hayward often goes for long stretches without being involved very much.

The silver lining in Burks season is he is closing in on 40% three point shooting and is over 80% + free throw shooting. For whatever reason his slashing game is worse in Quin's system, and he doesn't look overly confident doing it. But we know Burks isn't a super high IQ player so might want to wait a year before considering a trade.

I think it's just more of the NBA knowing Burks game better this year. Bigs aren't trying to block his shots anymore, they are just letting him attempt extremely difficult layups.

I agree that Alec should come off the bench. Hood looked almost like a PG tonight. No reason he shouldn't be playing 20+ mins with Jingles assigned to guard the Gatorade.

Anyone curious how high Hood would have gone if he was in the 2013 draft class instead of this past year? He could be the steal of the draft IMO

Anyone curious how high Hood would have gone if he was in the 2013 draft class instead of this past year? He could be the steal of the draft IMO

He wouldn't have even gone in the 1st round.

He was barely on people's 2nd round draft boards after his 1st year at MSU. Only I knew.

Burks will improve by next year, IMO. He's already improving incrementally. Unfortunately he hasn't had the team usa experience that Hayward has had, but Quin is a good developer.

I have full-out 180'd on Enes Kanter. My gosh. I was hoping we'd trade him earlier this season. If he keeps guarding stretch 4s REALLY well like last night? We might need to break the bank for him. Really hoping he can sustain his level of play

Favors PER 22.4,Gobert PER 21.2,Hayward PER 20,Kanter PER 19

I found this over at Realgm. Just think when Exum gains experience and takes over the point guard duties the PER for these 4 players will certainly go up, as he has the size to pass over the top. Patience is needed...as we are headed in the right direction. For those that don't know, 15 PER is considered the average player rating in the NBA.

Like I said in a post weeks ago I can not wait for the lineup of:

Exum - point guard
Burks - shooting guard
Hayward - small forward
Favors - power forward (Kanter has been coming on, as of late.)
Gobert - center

I for one am excited about the future.

avg height of 6'7''. i remember the days when we were pining for height/length

Burks will improve by next year, IMO. He's already improving incrementally. Unfortunately he hasn't had the team usa experience that Hayward has had, but Quin is a good developer.

what kinda games does he develop? lets get him in touch with the 2k16 crew.

avg height of 6'7''. i remember the days when we were pining for height/length

A quick sampling shows a lot of teams are at 6'7" and a lot at 6'6" for their rosters. I think it's more important to look at just the starting lineup. Jazz would have an advantage over most at the 5 with Gobert and the 1 with Exum. At the other three positions, Favors, Hayward and Burks are probably right around the league averages.

But yeah, we were undersized for quite awhile. Hayward's length was one of the reasons KOC drafted him. He envisioned Gordon creating mismatches as a SG. With Gordon's increased muscle though, he has no problems playing SF.

A quick sampling shows a lot of teams are at 6'7" and a lot at 6'6" for their rosters. I think it's more important to look at just the starting lineup. Jazz would have an advantage over most at the 5 with Gobert and the 1 with Exum. At the other three positions, Favors, Hayward and Burks are probably right around the league averages.

But yeah, we were undersized for quite awhile. Hayward's length was one of the reasons KOC drafted him. He envisioned Gordon creating mismatches as a SG. With Gordon's increased muscle though, he has no problems playing SF.

My apologies for barging in (in the wrong thread), but here are UK's starter's heights;

6'6 (Andrew)
6'6 (Aaron)
6'10 (Lyles)
6'11 (Towns)
7' (WCS)

(6'9)

Only the Trailblazers are taller.

2nd string (platoon)

5'9 (Ulis)
6'6 (Booker)
6'9 (Willis)
6'10 (Lee)
6'11 (Johnson)

Charlotte played good D on Kanter by just giving him the midrange shot all day and not giving up any dribble drives. Kanter just wasn't hitting.

Charlotte played good D on Kanter by just giving him the midrange shot all day and not giving up any dribble drives. Kanter just wasn't hitting.

All this talk about Enes improving and I definitly agree but the last 10 games he has lost his touch from mid range. He is just shooting .237! And that's a litle concerning.