What's new

Big name rap artist wants to move to Utah

This is a joke right? This man is pleading with a judge to spend his parole in UTA because it's the most boring place for him to be and stay out of trouble lmao.

Why would I listen to much rap when it's lost all semblance of creativity and art. You seem like one of those die-on-the-hill of "rap is the greatest art Form the world has ever known! I'll bust a cap in yo *** you say different!" Don't be offended. You can like what you like, that's fine. But rap has been on steady repeat, and decline, since the likes of Eminem had their hey-day. Don't worry, metal isn't far behind. And music in general has become much more generic and formulaic in the last decade. Go watch a few videos by Rick Beato.
It's the most diverse and creative genre right now. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Why open your mouth on something you have no idea about?

No disrespect intended, but I think you miss the point of my post. I understand the influence that the rap industry and it’s artists has on NBA players, but just because a couple might move to Utah here and there, that’s not nearly enough to turn into any type of advantage for Utah.

You mention LA and NYK in your post. Utah would need 10 big name rappers and IG models to move here per month, every month for a year or 2 before you could even mention SLC in the same breath as those cities. I think it’s safe to say that the awesome rap scene in SLC will not be a factor in landing a huge free agent in our lifetime. That is of course unless Donnie Osmond finally starts listening to my voicemails and cuts a few tracks with Offset.

Plus. what the hell is going on with rappers name’s these days? Just a bunch of poorly thrown together ******** if you ask me. That being said, I’m sure my dad was laughing his *** off when he saw an Ice T CD sitting on my stereo. ‍♂️
No one is saying they are trying to compete with those cities. It's about Utah/SLC potentially getting more things to do for NBA players. No one is moving to Utah for the nightlife, but if there is the occasional party that is thrown by someone of influence they enjoy, then it can't hurt.

No one is saying they are trying to compete with those cities. It's about Utah/SLC potentially getting more things to do for NBA players. No one is moving to Utah for the nightlife, but if there is the occasional party that is thrown by someone of influence they enjoy, then it can't hurt.
I hear from @Engorged On Unborn Gore that Park City is known for the orgies.

It comes down to orgies. I'm not even kidding.

PC is a polyamorous haven for some of the wealthiest, most exclusive group of jet setters in the country. The independent film and winter sports industries are the backdrop for it, and the resulting underground scene (which is not that big of a secret if you know who to ask) that has developed there since the 2002 Olympics is downright decadent in almost every way you can imagine. Eyes Wide Shut sort of stuff.

Do you think we could include this as part of a recruitment campaign?

It's the most diverse and creative genre right now. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Why open your mouth on something you have no idea about?
Yep. My opinion is different from yours therefore I know nothing and my opinion is invalid.

****ing moron.

Yep. My opinion is different from yours therefore I know nothing and my opinion is invalid.

****ing moron.
How much hip-hop do you listen to? How many different artist? How many different sub genres? Do you know every scene of hip-hop? How many different eras?

Yes, your opinion is most likely invalid if your frame of reference is Rick Beato talking about top 40's hip-hop and hip-hop that was more commercially relevant in your younger years.

Hip-hop is clearly the most diverse and creative genre, mainly because it's the genre with the least amount of gatekeeping, is globally dominant, and has the least defined genre parameters.

Last edited:
What’s your evidence that it’s the most diverse and creative of all genres?

What’s your evidence that it’s the most diverse and creative of all genres?
You looking for examples of artist or the factors that lend it to being the most diverse/creative?

To sum up the factors: Low barrier for entry, least amount of predefined genre requirements, and most varied use of the most diverse instrument (the human voice). Lots of other factors too, but those would be the main ones off the top of my head.

You looking for examples of artist or the factors that lend it to being the most diverse/creative?

To sum up the factors: Low barrier for entry, least amount of predefined genre requirements, and most varied use of the most diverse instrument (the human voice). Lots of other factors too, but those would be the main ones off the top of my head.
I’m looking for any quantitative measurement, since that what your claim requires.

Look, I think it’s diverse... but your claim is probably not right... almost definitely not right on the global scale... and you definitely aren’t supporting your claim with any evidence.

You know it’s serious when Eminem gets and dropped in a hip hop conversation lmao. And of course it’s in a thread about a rapper wanting to spend his parole in Utah to stay out of trouble. This is one step removed from all the celebrities going to Utah to do their drug rehab.

The Onion is about to plagiarize this entire thread. **** is hilarious.

I don't live in Utah, but from the outside looking in a lot of people think Utah is the breeding ground of the KKK. You might be out of touch, Karen.
I’m definitely out of touch when it comes to the rap scene.

I think the point that having a dozen or so celebs that throw parties could make Utah more appealing to NBA players is legit. I hadn’t looked at it that way.

Not much KKK in Utah (the Klan harassed Mormons early on and the Church denounced them… there was a small Klan in Utah but they never gained much traction because the majority church was very anti-Klan.)

There is a small number of hateful bigots in Utah and even larger number of ignorant white people who think racism doesn’t exist anymore. We need help. So glad Donovan and DWade are here to teach people (it’s gonna take some time though.)

I’m definitely out of touch when it comes to the rap scene.

I think the point that having a dozen or so celebs that throw parties could make Utah more appealing to NBA players is legit. I hadn’t looked at it that way.

Not much KKK in Utah (the Klan harassed Mormons early on and the Church denounced them… there was a small Klan in Utah but they never gained much traction because the majority church was very anti-Klan.)

There is a small number of hateful bigots in Utah and even larger number of ignorant white people who think racism doesn’t exist anymore. We need help. So glad Donovan and DWade are here to teach people (it’s gonna take some time though.)
Trust me, I've seen a countless amount of our fans show their bigot, racist side on the social media platforms. They attack our players, personally for their views. Having a rap artist that I'm sure a lot of athletes listen to move to Utah can possibly help erase the stigma. I, personally would love to move to Utah. I'm sure it's not what people on the outside think it is. When people mention Utah, they tend to think dominantly white, racist hicks.

And living in West Virginia, Virginia, and even Texas I've seen racism.