What's new

Bill Simmons Article Discusses Jazz Tank Among Other Things

richgates

It's a pretty entertaining read:

https://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9522281/the-nba-midnight-run-part-2

Utah (+200): You'll see that Warriors trade pay off in March and April, when Hayward and Favors miss games because of "back pain" and "knee tendinitis" and Trey Burke misses the last four weeks because of "exploratory elbow surgery," followed by the Jazz happily trotting out a crunch-time five of Biedrins, Enes Kanter, Marvin Williams, Richard Jefferson and John Lucas III. Very very very very tough to not-beat. What about a Karl Malone comeback to really push this over the top? He's fewer than 1,500 points behind Kareem! BRING BACK THE MAILMAN!10

As much as I would like to see the Jazz move up in the draft, I really don't see his theory come to fruition.

Cueing the responses of anger that he included Kanter in the tank lineup and didn't even mention needing to "injure" Burks.

He doesn't think highly of Kanter, does he?
Also really doubt the Jazz pulling off an obvious tank like that.

He doesn't think highly of Kanter, does he?
Also really doubt the Jazz pulling off an obvious tank like that.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is what makes it humorous to imagine. Jazz have come a long way since their New Orleans days.

Is this guy funny or are we laughing at his incompetency? Because I just did the latter.

And in no way we are faking injuries.

Is this guy funny or are we laughing at his incompetency? Because I just did the latter.

And in no way we are faking injuries.

I can say this with a straight face- One of the best sports writers of all time. Easy to read and always entertaining thought out stuff.

Simmons is an entertainment writer. He doesn't pretend to be a basketball expert, just an avid fan. His "thing" is being able to mix years of sports history/knowledge with years of pop-culture history/knowledge.

I can say this with a straight face- One of the best sports writers of all time. Easy to read and always entertaining thought out stuff.

Agree.. however.. I also like his trolling.. which he does plenty of, with humor.

Love me some bill simmons
No gay