What's new

Bill Simmons on the Jazz Today

I agree though about questioning Snyder. Smart guy and good player development, not sure if a great head coach though.

I agree though about questioning Snyder. Smart guy and good player development, not sure if a great head coach though.

For me, this is the million dollar question. Will Snyder grow with his team and become a solid in-game coach that can match wits vs other coaches in the playoffs.

If not, he'll be the sacrificial lamb that developed this team, only to see a Rick Carlisle-type swoop in and take them to the next level.

Simmons seems a bit out of touch with the NBA... Feel like he used to have better thoughts... I'm talking pre-NBA preview Bill.

His Hayward comments likely stem from the game against the Celtics where Hayward got a shot blocked by Avery Bradley late. My guess is that is one of two games he watched all year. Not blaming him for it, but just saying his comments are just ignorant.

With regard to Quin... he's a good coach that resonates with the players. The in game stuff is just okay right now, but he hasn't had much of a PG or veteran presence to help out. I'm less worried with the X's and O's... we can bring in help for that and he can improve. The other stuff is less teachable imo.

I think Simmons comments are kind of lame frankie.

Fixed.

The local and national media follow me hard and eventually repeat everything I say just like this board does. Look how now everyone is questioning Quin Snyder about his offensive absurdities after years of my complaints.

David Locke has been pilfering my points for years. What a hack. Like gregg popovich said, he's the guy who pretends to know what he's talking about. He gets all that pretend from copying me. [MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]

Fixed.

The local and national media follow me hard and eventually repeat everything I say just like this board does. Look how now everyone is questioning Quin Snyder about his offensive absurdities after years of my complaints.

David Locke has been pilfering my points for years. What a hack. Like gregg popovich said, he's the guy who pretends to know what he's talking about. He gets all that pretend from copying me. [MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]

qfmft

The local media has been stealing my arguments for at least 27 months (and counting).

We should be more upset that the Jazz have been completely irrelevant for the last five years than be mad at people for noticing.

We might not be top 4 and shock the west, but we'll be a playoff team.

Its all a matter of how well they gel, staying injury free, and development.
Please let it all come together right now over me.

I imagine most people don't really care but I thought it was interesting that on The Ringer's NBA show today, Simmons kind of hated on the Jazz. Skip to like the 40:12 mark

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ringer-nba-show/id1109271715?mt=2&i=372561758

I'm paraphrasing but he says it's clear the Jazz are everyone's let's blow smoke up their *** team. And then he says he think it's going to backfire terribly and that he still doesn't get "that Utah team."

Two other noteworthy things he says, he's not sold on Quin Snyder and he seems to think the Jazz won't be good because "tie game two minutes left, who's shooting?"

Chris Ryan counters Simmons comments however with some Jazz love, which I thought was refreshing.

I think Simmons comments are kind of lame frankly. I mean, at this point, I don't think there is a team in the East, sans Cavs, that is clearly better than Utah, and I would pick Utah in a 7 game series over the Celtics.

Also, I think I heard a stat not too long ago from Locke That Hayward has the 4th highest FG % of any player in the league over the past two years in a game that's is within 5 with 2 minutes left. Something like that. If that's even remotely close, I'm sure Simmons has not idea.

Discuss Bill Simmons refusal to say something positive about the Jazz, every year for the past 5 seasons haha.

Simmons is a Celtic homer and it is not shocking that he has nothing good to say about the Jazz. I use to like him but he has gotten full of himself and when he was paired up with Jalen Rose became some reality TV celebrity instead of a credible sports guy.

I would take anything Simmons say with a grain of salt because he is usually wrong.

qfmft

The local media has been stealing my arguments for at least 27 months (and counting).

lol, while this maybe true, why not, it makes me laugh that you and Franklin* mention this from time to time.

Simmons is a Celtic homer and it is not shocking that he has nothing good to say about the Jazz. I use to like him but he has gotten full of himself and when he was paired up with Jalen Rose became some reality TV celebrity instead of a credible sports guy.

I would take anything Simmons say with a grain of salt because he is usually wrong.

He teamed up with Jalen Rose for Grantland though. Grantland was the ****. Anyway, I think you guys are reading too far into this. His opinion about the Jazz for 15 seconds is going to give him more "views and clicks?" Really? He has like 10 of the most downloaded podcasts in the store lol this wouldn't do anything for him. Even though we have a ton of potential, we haven't proven anything. It's best not to take his opinion as an analyst, but as a fan who just happens to have a platform of millions of listeners. If you want to see something stupid that an analyst said, look at what Kenny Smith said last year: "I dont know what the Jazz do and neither does the team, they don't have an identity."

Bill Simmons has about as much 'street cred' as a moped!

Bill Simmons once asked Jalen Rose if his taint smelt more sour than Bill's... (secretly hoping Jalen would give it a little sniff)

Bill Simmons eats Roadkill... and PAYS for it...

Bill Simmons has a fetish with large adam's apples...

Bill Simmons bottles farts, reconstitutes the gas as a liquid, and drinks it

Bill Simmons plays with Franklin's dingy... on the sea

Bill Simmons once called a mirror, a yuppy... and it was the truest thing he ever said...

So... thanks Bill. No one cares. Oh yeah, and Billy boy... we still have Hayward.

Simmons has said a lot of good things about this jazz team in the past, people are getting way too butthurt.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We need more people like Simmons. I'm starting to worry that the O/U will be set too high after all the other hype.

Simmons has said a lot of good things about this jazz team in the past, people are getting way too butthurt.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'll have to agree with this. I've heard him say good things about the Jazz before.

As others have said, I'm also fine with people being critical of the Jazz at this point because we still have to prove it. We are in a great spot and have gotten a ton of love and some are putting us in the top part of the west. Those are high expectations to be up there with teams like the Clippers and at or below the Spurs.

We should be more upset that the Jazz have been completely irrelevant for the last five years than be mad at people for noticing.

Outside of drafting Kawhi, the Greek Freak and Klay, which we had a chance to do, I'm not sure what else the front office could have done. I thought letting go of Sap, Big Al and the vets was the right move though too.

Outside of drafting Kawhi, the Greek Freak and Klay, which we had a chance to do, I'm not sure what else the front office could have done. I thought letting go of Sap, Big Al and the vets was the right move though too.

Klay was picked before us, just saying.

"I can see Utah losing a bunch of close games" ... umm nice to see you're a complete year behind the times Bill

If you want to see something stupid that an analyst said, look at what Kenny Smith said last year: "I dont know what the Jazz do and neither does the team, they don't have an identity."

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. I've never thought Kenny "the Jet" Smith was a great analyst.