What's new

Biyombo workout video at Eurocamp

Zerol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgNY0cFr1JM&feature=youtu.be

This is the one by nbadraft.net. DraftExpress should be posting his soon and Chad Ford's is going to be Monday.

There is already 2 or 3 threads this could go in (and one where it already has).

I've never been happier to see a player I love look bad.

Pretty worthless actually... Biyombo's post moves remind me of Ben Wallace's. Game films have much more indications on what he can become.

There is already 2 or 3 threads this could go in (and one where it already has).

I've never been happier to see a player I love look bad.

It really won't matter if he is there at 12 and we pass. If we pick Kanter(and decide to keep him) at 3 then I don't see us picking Biyombo at 12. I guess this should move more people to the Knight bandwagon. As for the video, he is atrocious offensively. Better hope his defense turns out to be the real deal along with rebounding. Still a steal at 12.

Is he missing those layups and 3 foot jump shots on purpose?

No, why would he? Of course people aren't going to look at this video and say the guy is terrible after one really poor showing in a short video, but if he were missing those on purpose then he would just be costing himself money as he slides in the draft.

I know this is a limited sample size, but that is god awful. He would average 6 points as a starter, and would be doubled off of every time down.

I know this is a limited sample size, but that is god awful. He would average 6 points as a starter, and would be doubled off of every time down.

He is never going to be the focal point of any offense and he is going to be playing primarily around the rim so I doubt you see his man leaving him open for easy dunks. That seems to be the best part of his offensive game. Although I will say that in late games, "Hack a Smack" will come into play with his terrible FT shooting.

Does anyone really think that Fess would do any better? And Fess has had the benefit of playing in the NBA for a number of years now!

Do you guys realize that if he were making all these shots and had a polished offensive post game, that he'd easily be the #1 pick in this year's draft?

Folks, not even Dwight Howard looked polished when he entered into the draft...

There's a reason why Biyombo isn't the #1 draft pick. He has a ways to go offensively. However, there's a reason why he's a lock for the lottery, dude is big, athletic, rebounds, and can play defense.

Who cares how many points he scores? Lol.
Oh man, he doesn't have a jumper! lol

Neither did Shaq or Howard.

My biggest concern with him is his size. He still looks like a PF to me, but he plays like a C.
I don't give a damn if our Center can only dunk if he is a good defender, and rebounder.
It's called filling roles people. If everyone can shoot, everyone wants to shoot.

Just say no to Bismack. Heck I could play better on shooting lay-ups and free throws in the eighth grade, and I didn't get my first basketball and hoop until I was in the sixth grade. I like Singleton at 12. He is improving his shooting and can shoot ring around Bismack already. He can provide defense on the perimeter. We already have Fovors to shut down the inside scoring. Sorry I am off the Bismack bandwagon. Wait I never was on it.

Talk about people that fall in love with a player. Just saying.................

Funny how some people are ignoring his lack of offense. The guy will not be in the game during crutch time if he cant score or shoot free throws. I would rather have Singleton, Thompson, or Jimmer at 12. I would pick Biyombo somewhere after the 20th pick around where Ibaka was picked.

Funny how some people are ignoring his lack of offense. The guy will not be in the game during crutch time if he cant score or shoot free throws. I would rather have Singleton, Thompson, or Jimmer at 12. I would pick Biyombo somewhere after the 20th pick around where Ibaka was picked.

I haven't been ignoring it. I have been watching the finals and seeing Tyson Chandler be a difference maker. Chandler's offensive game was even worse when he came into the league. Chandler's standing reach is 9'5". Dwight Howard's standing reach is 9'4". Biyombo's standing reach is 9'4" as measured at this Eurocamp. He has the size and length to play center. Doesn't really matter how high his head reaches.

The second half of is he appears to really be 18. If he really started playing basketball at 14, then he fundamentals are actually pretty good. Also take look at the game film I posted in another thread. He shows glimpses of good footwork and finishing ability around the hoop.

As for the Singleton thing, Singleton's standing reach is 8'8". That makes him primarily a small forward and smaller than Millsap.

I haven't been ignoring it. I have been watching the finals and seeing Tyson Chandler be a difference maker. Chandler's offensive game was even worse when he came into the league. Chandler's standing reach is 9'5". Dwight Howard's standing reach is 9'4". Biyombo's standing reach is 9'4" as measured at this Eurocamp. He has the size and length to play center. Doesn't really matter how high his head reaches.

The second half of is he appears to really be 18. If he really started playing basketball at 14, then he fundamentals are actually pretty good. Also take look at the game film I posted in another thread. He shows glimpses of good footwork and finishing ability around the hoop.

As for the Singleton thing, Singleton's standing reach is 8'8". That makes him primarily a small forward and smaller than Millsap.

Yep that is what Singleton is is a small forward. Yes he also weighs less than Millsap and has a proven record of guarding small forwards.

Again, I was shooting jump shots, lay-ups, hook shots, shot 69% from the free throw line and could catch the darn ball better at 15 years of age with 2 years of experience than Biyombo is now with 4 years experience. And I didn't get to play basketball year round, what with playing football and baseball. I did have a lot of respect for my 8th and 9th grade basketball coach though. lol

You can find perimeter defenders in any draft, all over the draft. Finding a defensive center is one of the most difficult things a team can do (and the beginning and end point of a strong defense). He's 18, and you can live with poor offense out of the one position this guy will be playing.

You can find perimeter defenders in any draft, all over the draft. Finding a defensive center is one of the most difficult things a team can do (and the beginning and end point of a strong defense). He's 18, and you can live with poor offense out of the one position this guy will be playing.

Especially when we have Jefferson and Millsap scoring 40 a night between them and Favors who shows promise. If Favors can develop, I'd love the potential of Favors-Biyombo starting 4-5 with Millsap off the bench. I like Jefferson and I would never trade him just to trade him. He has a lot of value but I'm not sold on his conditioning and defense. This year should tell us a lot.

Are you implying you wouldn't be happy drafting an Ibaka clone at 12? I would certainly take Ibaka at 12.

Yep that is what Singleton is is a small forward. Yes he also weighs less than Millsap and has a proven record of guarding small forwards.

Again, I was shooting jump shots, lay-ups, hook shots, shot 69% from the free throw line and could catch the darn ball better at 15 years of age with 2 years of experience than Biyombo is now with 4 years experience. And I didn't get to play basketball year round, what with playing football and baseball. I did have a lot of respect for my 8th and 9th grade basketball coach though. lol

Singleton has a proven record of missing a lot of open shots too.

You're point is taken Biyombo is a very raw offensive player who needs to put in a ton of work to not be an offensive liability. But that isn't the point. He has elite physical tools, a high-energy motor and excellent defensive instincts. Consider him the anti-Boozer/Kanter.

Even if his offense never improves his defense still merits him being in an NBA rotation.

Does anyone really think that Fess would do any better? And Fess has had the benefit of playing in the NBA for a number of years now!

I'm not a Biyombo fan. Don't want him, not even at 12.

I'm not a Fesenko fan either. There's a reason someone his size has his arse glued to the bench; he sucks. I'm not sure comparing Biyomobo to Fesenko helps your argument much.