What's new

Blackface is ok if you are a virtous person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember a while back. i posted this video of some ******** who played karl malone in blackface

i was told(dont have time to search exact post so pharaphrasing): it is ok for jimmy kimmel to do that because he is a good person. and did good stuff for the black community!
basiclaly jimmy kimmel is allowed to blackface, but someone like me wa snot,. because the poster in question saw me as a scumbag! not knowing if and what virtuous stuff i have done throughout my live!

so i gues it is ok for the person who wants to legalize infanticide by making it legal to MASS murder undocumented infants!
well this governor who called his opponents racist and sexis tand homophobic.
his yearbook foto surfaced:

0201191609_1549056517636_69986758_ver1.0_640_360_1549058201638_69990433_ver1.0_640_360_1549060644478_69995755_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

but it is ok because he is a virtuous person right!

Good job @Jason! This guy probably deserves 50 more chances, I'm sure he'll come around eventually and not drop straight up racist **** all over your forum someday.

I am curious. Was it ok for Jimmy Kimmel? I saw some articles about this and there really was basically no reaction. I do find that interesting.

I am curious. Was it ok for Jimmy Kimmel? I saw some articles about this and there really was basically no reaction. I do find that interesting.
The reaction today would be negative. It wasn't okay. If others are shamed for doing things more than 20 years ago, things that were basically accepted at the time, then everyone should be. That, or we should just judge people based on who they are today.

I mean, some things are basically unforgivable. If whoever this guy is was actually a member of the KKK then yeah, unforgivable. If he made a poor halloween costume choice in 1984, but has otherwise been a decent person, forgivable.

Jimmy Kimmel should be held more accountable than the other guy. I mean, low hanging fruit, making fun of how stupid Malone sounded most of the time. But his bit played on a lot of racial stereotypes and the ****ing guy was in blackface. He deserves criticism and repercussion for that piece. I honestly don't give a **** about Kimmel, the guy got his break on "the Man Show" which was a tribute to misogynism all the way. How is this guy a spokesman for (gasp) social justice? Spoiler alert, he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.