What's new

Bledsoe?

sepanol

2018 Prediction Contest Winner
I was just listening David Locke podcast.
Interesting idea.

Bledsoe, 2 year remaining contract, around 15 m per year.
Trade him for some assets like Exum, Burks or Favors...

Gives us flexibilty to not sign Hill, re-sign Ingles and contend. Also a win-now move to assure Hayward we are contending.

Any ideas?

He's injured way too often. I'm not interested. If Hill leaves I'd rather give Exum the starting spot and sign a solid veteran to back him up.

I love Bledsoe and have wanted to see him in a Jazz uni since his rookie season. He's a great fit for our offense as a combo guard, his ability to get to the rim is superior to George Hill's and his offensive gave in general is just better. You take into account that the Jazz were 12-1 in games where George Hill scored 20 points or more, and that Bledsoe averaged 21 ppg last season in 33 mpg, and it's easy to see how much he could help improve our win total. His passing game is better than Hill's, he averaged more points, rebounds, assists and steals than George Hill and he's making 14.5 and 15 million in salary over the next two years versus the 22 million per season the Jazz offered Hill. And while we are talking numbers comparisons - Hill is 31, and Bledsoe is 27 years old.

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7m3wjjp

The trade could be Exum, Burks, Diaw (who they'd let go), and Lyles for Bledsoe and Tyson Chandler.

Why do the Suns do it? They are rebuilding, they de-activated Chandler and Bledsoe before the season ended to keep them healthy for trades, and also because they didn't want to de-rail their tanking for a worse record. Lyles could see a re-birth playing alongside his old teammate D. Booker, and Exum still has Exum size potential. On the Suns, they get to play him maximum minutes to see what he really can do.

Why do the Jazz do it? If the Jazz manage to re-sign Hayward, and Exum plays well this year then the Jazz have a problem next summer as they won't be able to sign Exum to another deal without going over the luxury tax. Gobert and Hayward are ready to compete for a championship right now and Bledsoe and Chandler help them do that. The Jazz have a 92% win percentage when our point guard scores 20 or more per game, Bledsoe brings that, plus toughness. Chandler would allow Gobert to play more aggressively on defense so that he wouldn't have to worry about fouls - and the Jazz could play virtually the same aggressive defensive style when Gobert was in or out, knowing that a solid rim protector has their back.

Not to mention this trade frees roster spots for the Jazz so that they can add a couple of this year's rookie contracts to the team, and have more flexibility for bringing back Joe Ingles and possibly Milos Teodosic.

C- Gobert, T. Chandler
PF - Favors, J. Bolomboy
SF - Hayward, Joe Johnson
SG - R. Hood, J. Ingles
PG - E. Bledsoe, M. Teodosic, R. Neto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA04gYw5UIg

I love Bledsoe and have wanted to see him in a Jazz uni since his rookie season. He's a great fit for our offense as a combo guard, his ability to get to the rim is superior to George Hill's and his offensive gave in general is just better. You take into account that the Jazz were 12-1 in games where George Hill scored 20 points or more, and that Bledsoe averaged 21 ppg last season in 33 mpg, and it's easy to see how much he could help improve our win total. His passing game is better than Hill's, he averaged more points, rebounds, assists and steals than George Hill and he's making 14.5 and 15 million in salary over the next two years versus the 22 million per season the Jazz offered Hill. And while we are talking numbers comparisons - Hill is 31, and Bledsoe is 27 years old.

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7m3wjjp

The trade could be Exum, Burks, Diaw (who they'd let go), and Lyles for Bledsoe and Tyson Chandler.

Why do the Suns do it? They are rebuilding, they de-activated Chandler and Bledsoe before the season ended to keep them healthy for trades, and also because they didn't want to de-rail their tanking for a worse record. Lyles could see a re-birth playing alongside his old teammate D. Booker, and Exum still has Exum size potential. On the Suns, they get to play him maximum minutes to see what he really can do.

Why do the Jazz do it? If the Jazz manage to re-sign Hayward, and Exum plays well this year then the Jazz have a problem next summer as they won't be able to sign Exum to another deal without going over the luxury tax. Gobert and Hayward are ready to compete for a championship right now and Bledsoe and Chandler help them do that. The Jazz have a 92% win percentage when our point guard scores 20 or more per game, Bledsoe brings that, plus toughness. Chandler would allow Gobert to play more aggressively on defense so that he wouldn't have to worry about fouls - and the Jazz could play virtually the same aggressive defensive style when Gobert was in or out, knowing that a solid rim protector has their back.

Not to mention this trade frees roster spots for the Jazz so that they can add a couple of this year's rookie contracts to the team, and have more flexibility for bringing back Joe Ingles and possibly Milos Teodosic.

C- Gobert, T. Chandler
PF - Favors, J. Bolomboy
SF - Hayward, Joe Johnson
SG - R. Hood, J. Ingles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA04gYw5UIg

I like the basics of the deal and if Bledsoe stayed healthy its a home run for us.

My only quibbles... I would think Favs would have to be in the deal if we are getting Chandler and in that case we may have to move Burks in a separate deal, which I think is doable. I also don't think they'd have interest in Lyles... they have Bender, Chriss, and likely get Josh Jackson who may play some small ball 4. Lyles might need to be moved for a first rounder somewhere else.

There are some personality things with Bledsoe that worry me and his health is a concern, but I'm not a big Exum or Lyles believer so the price is fine. Having 48 minutes of badass rim protection would be nice and Chandler gives our team some *******... we need that.

Apparently u guys don't mind all the injury issues the jazz have had over the last two or three years, and if y'all get your way, there looks to be no end in sight.

A different deal might be:

Exum, Favs (they had interest last year supposedly), Diaw and #24 or the OKC pick next year for Bledsoe and Chandler. I am 100% sure Suns fans would think it is light on their end.

In that deal you either keep Lyles and commit to playing him and developing him... and keep Burks or move him to allocate salary elsewhere. I might just hold onto Burks if we did that.

Apparently u guys don't mind all the injury issues the jazz have had over the last two or three years, and if y'all get your way, there looks to be no end in sight.

Hill being 31 and the toe issue lingering forever and him being on a four year deal are just as worrisome as Bledsoe's knee issues on a two year deal.

When Hill is injured he's out a few days here a week there. When Bledsoe is out he misses half the god damn year

Hill played 49 games this year and limped around in a bunch of others. If Bledsoe didn't have an injury history he would cost much more... it's factored into his trade value.

I like Hill and would probably just prefer to keep him at 4/80... not sure that is happening. I do think Hill's market has softened a little. Sacramento likely comes out of the draft with a PG... Brooklyn would be better served acquiring assets for their cap space which will start happening. The big worry is Philly. I think they go after Lowry, Mills, and Hill in that order. I could see a three year max with a low fourth year team option... so 3/90ish. Not sure he goes for that but with a healthy Hill and Embiid they make the playoffs.

When Hill is injured he's out a few days here a week there. When Bledsoe is out he misses half the god damn year

Hill ultimately played 49 games last season - that's about half the year. The bigger point in my mind is the cost factor, would we rather have Bledsoe and Milos for 22 million or Hill for 22 million (or more)per season?? You hedge against injury by having two combo guards both capable of being starters.

Hill ultimately played 49 games last season - that's about half the year. The bigger point in my mind is the cost factor, would we rather have Bledsoe and Milos for 22 million or Hill for 22 million (or more)per season?? You hedge against injury by having two combo guards both capable of being starters.

i like bledsoe and teodosic

The more I think of the win-now PG moves the more I think they are just a plan B option. I would hate to make a move like this pre-free agency and then have Hayward walk.

I think we just try to negotiate with Hill and Hayward simultaneously and if Hill went elsewhere I'm not sure it's a done deal that Hayward would leave if we didn't have someone in place. I think Hayward would prefer Hill to all the options we've discussed on the board.

If we miss on Hayward and Hill we will want to keep Exum for sure and really just build for the future. Same with Alec... I just don't think we do any trade unless it's Diaw or cap space for Harkless or Aminu type player. Someone that could fill a role regardless of what happens.

The more I think of the win-now PG moves the more I think they are just a plan B option. I would hate to make a move like this pre-free agency and then have Hayward walk.

I think we just try to negotiate with Hill and Hayward simultaneously and if Hill went elsewhere I'm not sure it's a done deal that Hayward would leave if we didn't have someone in place. I think Hayward would prefer Hill to all the options we've discussed on the board.

If we miss on Hayward and Hill we will want to keep Exum for sure and really just build for the future. Same with Alec... I just don't think we do any trade unless it's Diaw or cap space for Harkless or Aminu type player. Someone that could fill a role regardless of what happens.

I think Dennis Lindsey is pretty confident that Hayward is going to re-sign with Utah. If he thought there was a chance that he was going to leave - he would have traded him last season. I mean we could have got at least a top 5 pick for him. I don't see us missing on both Hayward and Hill. Hill tipped his hand when he turned down an 88 million dollar contract, he's looking for big money, and I don't blame him. He's been under-payed compared to other point guards of his caliber, his whole career. That being said, I'm not sure he's a better player than Eric Bledsoe. Look at last season's numbers:

Bledsoe)66 games - 33 mpg, 43% FG, 34% 3P, 85%ft, 4.8 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.4 bpg, 21.1 ppg.
G. Hill)49 games - 31 mpg, 47% FG, 40% 3P, 80%ft, 3.4 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.0 spg, 0.2 bpg, 16.9 ppg.

Absolute Worst Case Scenario: You lose both Hayward and Hill! Do you do a complete re-build with roster that has the best center in the league? I don't think so. I think at that Danillo Gallinari becomes the Jazz #1 target. I think he's probably better than anyone realizes - he just suffers from playing in Denver (low exposure). And then you try to find your Tony Parker/Wesley Matthews piece later in the draft that can put you over the top. The roster still looks good with:

C- Gobert, T. Chandler
PF - Favors, J. Bolomboy
SF - Gallinari, Joe Johnson
SG - R. Hood, J. Ingles

Last edited:
I think Dennis Lindsey is pretty confident that Hayward is going to re-sign with Utah. If he thought there was a chance that he was going to leave - he would have traded him last season. I mean we could have got at least a top 5 pick for him. I don't see us missing on both Hayward and Hill. Hill tipped his hand when he turned down an 88 million dollar contract, he's looking for big money, and I don't blame him. He's been under-payed compared to other point guards of his caliber, his whole career. That being said, I'm not sure he's a better player than Eric Bledsoe. Look at last season's numbers:

Bledsoe)66 games - 33 mpg, 43% FG, 34% 3P, 85%ft, 4.8 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.4 bpg, 21.1 ppg.
G. Hill)49 games - 31 mpg, 47% FG, 40% 3P, 80%ft, 3.4 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.0 spg, 0.2 bpg, 16.9 ppg.

Absolute Worst Case Scenario: You lose both Hayward and Hill! Do you do a complete re-build with roster that has the best center in the league? I don't think so. I think at that Danillo Gallinari becomes the Jazz #1 target. And then you try to find your Tony Parker/Wesley Matthews piece later in the draft that can put you over the top. The roster still looks good with:

C- Gobert, T. Chandler
PF - Favors, J. Bolomboy
SG - R. Hood, J. Ingles

We couldnt afford Gallinari lmao. Even if we lose Hayward and Hill, we dont have enough cap-room to give Gallinari a contract while acquiring Chandler/Bledsoe/Teodosic

We couldnt afford Gallinari lmao. Even if we lose Hayward and Hill, we dont have enough cap-room to give Gallinari a contract while acquiring Chandler/Bledsoe/Teodosic

Why is that? Chandler and Bledsoe come in via trade, Milos for the MLE. You just use a smaller portion of what you were going to sign Hayward for to go after Gallinari. 24 MIL and 5 years.

Absolute Worst Case Scenario: You lose both Hayward and Hill! Do you do a complete re-build with roster that has the best center in the league? I don't think so. I think at that Danillo Gallinari becomes the Jazz #1 target. I think he's probably better than anyone realizes - he just suffers from playing in Denver (low exposure). And then you try to find your Tony Parker/Wesley Matthews piece later in the draft that can put you over the top. The roster still looks good with:

C- Gobert, T. Chandler
PF - Favors, J. Bolomboy
SG - R. Hood, J. Ingles

The only problem with Bledsoe is that he is not near the floor spacer that Hill is. That, and his defense is not as good as it once was. I'd still take him if he is available for a reasonable price, but I do think Hill is by far the best option for this team. His strengths are a perfect match for the team.

I dont think Bledsoe got injured last year, they just held him out to tank.

then why the hell do Jazz fanz want a PG that doesn't want to play when he's making millions ??????? Jazz need someone that loves basketball and in theory would play for nothing just to play against the best basketball players in the world.