What's new

Blow the !@$%!%#$ Team Up

mdalby

Unfortunately, our players are at the least possible value in trade scenarios.

• Royce, Conley aren't going to get us anything that will move the needle.
  • We need length. athleticism, defense, youth
  • We cannot have a backcourt with Conley and Don
  • I don't think Don can be a long term answer for us. I think we need to trade Don, Conley and Royce.
We have to give up something to get anything in return.

They already blew all things up, along with the next not few years.
I know, I know, correlation is not causation... but hell Danny and Dwayne....

We have four contracts that are tradable: DM, Rudy, Bogey and JC.

Rudy and DM are valuable simply because they're AS players who will net you picks and maybe a building block or two in return. Bogey is on an expiring $20M deal which is value in itself. JC is on a pretty affordable contract for the next two years that would be enticing to a lot of teams, but he's also playing like our best player this postseason.

Next year is a real problem for us. We can only afford vet minimums to fill out the roster without clearing space. Ingles was shipped out for $12M in salary next year for guys who aren't getting any real PT. Conley, Royce and Gay have two more excruciating years left.

We simply have to entertain the fact that either one of Rudy or DM have to go to give us something to work with. There's no possible way to reshape this roster without clearing that off the books.

Realistically, if I'm Ainge, I simply go for the scorched earth approach and be honest with Ryan that we can field a competitive team once again, but it's going to take five years. Clear Rudy and Donovan off the books, trade Bogey for a pick if you can, otherwise let him expire, expect to suck for the next 2-3 years and be in the lottery until we can clear more bad debt and put ourselves into a situation like MEM/NO are in.

Do I expect him to do that? No. But the West is only going to get more competitive next year and we very much are a play-in team.

Replace Quin.

Trade Don if he wants gone. If he wants to stay, you don't consider trading him. There is no need to go scorched earth.

You shop Conley and Bojan. If you do an adequate job getting return, maybe you keep Rudy.

If Conley and Bojan are getting zero return, you look to shop Rudy.

Somewhere in the process, hopefully we can avoid the luxury and dump Rudy Gay's deal (which I'm still absolutely shocked he hasn't been given a chance this series).

length. athleticism, defense, youth, all attributes which Dante Exum possess in abundance. He should have been the starting point guard. Instead Jazz and Snyder got rid of Exum, and preserve with players with lower ceiling like Royce O'Neale, Mitchell and Neto . Then he Traded for Conley and Bogdanovic which were big mistakes. Snyder has no clue.

Last edited:
length. athleticism, defense, youth, all attributes which Dante Exum possess in abundance. Instead Jazz and Snyder got rid of Exum, and preserve with players with lower ceiling like Royce O'Neale, Mitchell and Neto . Snyder has no clue.
Lmao. He may have those things, but if he can’t shoot or finish at the rim or dribble, and most importantly, he’s never available, that alone cancels out his strengths. Exum isn’t an answer to anything. He’s a scrub. Both Butler and NAW have those things and they can’t seem to crack the rotation. Other then the fact Exum can’t stay healthy is a Forrest clone minus the injury factor and he barely cracks the rotation. So how in the ever living **** is Exum any sort of answer you IDIOT!!!

Conley
for
Horton-Tucker, Nunn, another expiring and LA's lottery protected 2027 1st

That's the type deal LA wants to build around LeBron. He likes older vets, and Conley fits so much better than Russ.

THT isn't exciting but he's young and might be better out of LA like so many others. And we do save substantial money with this deal.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Lmao. He may have those things, but if he can’t shoot or finish at the rim or dribble, and most importantly, he’s never available, that alone cancels out his strengths. Exum isn’t an answer to anything. He’s a scrub. Both Butler and NAW have those things and they can’t seem to crack the rotation. Other then the fact Exum can’t stay healthy is a Forrest clone minus the injury factor and he barely cracks the rotation. So how in the ever living **** is Exum any sort of answer you IDIOT!!!
He can't shoot? After 20 games, he is shooting 55% from 3 this season for Barcelona. His defence alone should have warranted him Plenty of playing time during his time at the Utah Jazz.

length. athleticism, defense, youth, all attributes which Dante Exum possess in abundance. He should have been the starting point guard. Instead Jazz and Snyder got rid of Exum, and preserve with players with lower ceiling like Royce O'Neale, Mitchell and Neto . Then he Traded for Conley and Bogdanovic which were big mistakes. Snyder has no clue.
I know that your disdain for Donovan was fueled by thinking Exum and Simmons were so much better than him, that I understand this must have been a really rough year with both of your guys combining for 0 NBA minutes this season.

All depends on what you can get for Mitchell.

Can you get two starters, a lottery pick, and a good future first for him? Then maybe you rebuild around Gobert for a year or two and try it out.

If you can't, just blow it all up.
I would consider this route but we also need to recognize fully that Rudy has limitations and may age out before we get really good again. The issue becomes getting great value for Donovan and Mike... cuz I think Mike is washed but likely still has okayish trade value... but might only get like a first and cap fodder for him... that doesn't help you be competitive now.

I just think you collect offers on all the key parts and if there is a good one for Rudy (I'm sure there are plenty of good ones for Donovan) then you just blow it up. I think the easiest route long term is a blow it up move but most franchises can't think past the next 18-24 months so I doubt they actually do it.

I know that your disdain for Donovan was fueled by thinking Exum and Simmons were so much better than him, that I understand this must have been a really rough year with both of your guys combining for 0 NBA minutes this season.

The jazz would not go far in the playoff with Donovan, too selfish as a player, does not play defence.

I would consider this route but we also need to recognize fully that Rudy has limitations and may age out before we get really good again. The issue becomes getting great value for Donovan and Mike... cuz I think Mike is washed but likely still has okayish trade value... but might only get like a first and cap fodder for him... that doesn't help you be competitive now.

I just think you collect offers on all the key parts and if there is a good one for Rudy (I'm sure there are plenty of good ones for Donovan) then you just blow it up. I think the easiest route long term is a blow it up move but most franchises can't think past the next 18-24 months so I doubt they actually do it.
I think ideally you hold onto Mike for another year. I think he can have a other solid season the. You trade him as an expiring the following year.

But if you can package him with Donovan and it makes sense I would do it

Yes, the Jazz team needs a complete overhaul. The coach has to go. Trade and get rid of all players and tank for the next 5, 6 years.

I think ideally you hold onto Mike for another year. I think he can have a other solid season the. You trade him as an expiring the following year.

But if you can package him with Donovan and it makes sense I would do it
I did some light research on other guards Mike's size and age... next year is likely the cliff year... he may have hit the cliff late this year. If we did hold on to him I'd bring him off the bench and keep him in the 24 minute range and sit on back end of back to backs.

I'd be curious to see what the offers for the guy would be. Maybe Donovan sits and some greatness flares up in Mike for one big game in game 6.

I did some light research on other guards Mike's size and age... next year is likely the cliff year... he may have hit the cliff late this year. If we did hold on to him I'd bring him off the bench and keep him in the 24 minute range and sit on back end of back to backs.

I'd be curious to see what the offers for the guy would be. Maybe Donovan sits and some greatness flares up in Mike for one big game in game 6.
If we are making a major shift or "blowing it up", I see no reason to keep Conley if he has any market at all. That's not fair to him, and although his contract isn't fully guaranteed for 23-24, it still isn't a clean team option.

Mike needs to go unless we simply cannot trade him.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app