What's new

Blow the !@$%!%#$ Team Up

I think the Jazz FO has a huge challenge. Even our tradeable players aren't going to be easy to move. If we do blow the team up, it could be a long time before we are in contention. Just ask the Sacramento Kings. I would be surprised if we make huge changes. I don't know if Ryan Smith bought the team so he could suffer through a long rebuild.
Kings are an extreme outlier. And they could have drafted Luka or JJJ instead of Bagley and history changes for them. We could be the next Memphis and have a quick turnaround. More likely you end up like OKC or maybe Minny and it takes longer.

I do agree that Ryan is the bigger roadblock here... he could be very anti-rebuild.

This is more realistic and has an actual long term future:

Rudy, Conley and Rudy Gay
for
Collins, Capella and Huerter

Atlanta wants to save on long term money. Although they spend more this coming year, they start saving over the long term as Trae and Hunter have new deals. Rudy and Trae make a fantastic tandem while Conley is great leadership off the bench for them.

Utah loses the best player in the trade but reloads with more youth and quality roster depth. We save enough money next year on this deal that it's conceivable that we avoid the luxury.

View attachment 12018
barf

This is more realistic and has an actual long term future:

Rudy, Conley and Rudy Gay
for
Collins, Capella and Huerter

Atlanta wants to save on long term money. Although they spend more this coming year, they start saving over the long term as Trae and Hunter have new deals. Rudy and Trae make a fantastic tandem while Conley is great leadership off the bench for them.

Utah loses the best player in the trade but reloads with more youth and quality roster depth. We save enough money next year on this deal that it's conceivable that we avoid the luxury.

View attachment 12018

That trade would be incredible for us. We get 3 legit starters back that have decent contracts and would make us a more well rounded team.

Great reply. That trade would be a homerun for us. It gives us a solid center in the mold of Rudy. A really good young pf that can also play as a stretch 5. Lastly we get a really talented young wing that I think will round into a solid 15pt a game scorer.
Otherwise known as the mediocre treadmill.

Otherwise known as the mediocre treadmill.
We are a mediocre treadmill now with an aging, limited roster.

I think Hueter compliments Don perfectly for the next 5 years. Collins is a dynamic PF and small ball C. I'm not a Capella fan, but he's good for 24-30 minutes a night.

We need youth and athleticism. These 3 guys bring that.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

We are a mediocre treadmill now with an aging, limited roster.

I think Hueter compliments Don perfectly for the next 5 years. Collins is a dynamic PF and small ball C. I'm not a Capella fan, but he's good for 24-30 minutes a night.

We need youth and athleticism. These 3 guys bring that.

Why the **** would we keep Donovan?

If we're on the mediocre treadmill now we need to jump off and tank ASAP.

Why the **** would we keep Donovan?

If we're on the mediocre treadmill now we need to jump off and tank ASAP.
Because....

He's very marketable

He's barely 25

He's exciting

He's a 3 time All Star

He's been to the playoffs all 5 years of his career

He's a good dude and respected by peers

He's almost impossible to replace via the draft or trades

He's our best player for modern day playoffs

Tear downs suck ***

Just a question who do you think Smith, Ainge and Wade rather build around Mitchell or Gobert?
Smith and Wade are extremely unlikely to agree to any Mitchell trade so it doesn’t really matter what Ainge thinks on that. I’d be utterly shocked if Mitchell is moved (this year) because ownership loves him and he’s liked throughout the league. Don’t forget, the All-Star game is here next year too so Smith will want representation.

I honestly have no idea what to expect this offseason, but I do predict we’ll do a version of whatever we are trying to do that is very disappointing, unsatisfying, and something we’ll all be griping about in 3 years for good reason.

And I think people are significantly undervaluing what we’d get in a trade for Don. It would honestly likely be one of the biggest hauls for a player in league history. We are talking about a 25 year old three-time All-Star and Top 15 player in the league that is under contract for a long time.

Paul George netted SGA and 100 FRPs. I’d expect something comparable for Donny.

I honestly have no idea what to expect this offseason, but I do predict we’ll do a version of whatever we are trying to do that is very disappointing, unsatisfying, and something we’ll all be griping about in 3 years for good reason.

And I think people are significantly undervaluing what we’d get in a trade for Don. It would honestly likely be one of the biggest hauls for a player in league history. We are talking about a 25 year old three-time All-Star and Top 15 player in the league.

Paul George netted SGA and 100 FRPs. I’d expect something comparable for Donny.
Ship Rudy to Charlotte, who's desperate to make the playoffs right now. Get Washington/Bridges/picks

He did get playing time here. Lmfao. League in Barcelona is like a high school league compared to the nba. Idiot!!

You mean the Spanish / Euro league which is a very respectable league. Luka doncic actually said it's much easier to score in the Nba than in the Spanish league.

Unlike the 80s and 90s, the defence in the NBA is astrocious these day, all they do is keep hitting the threes and the stupid iso plays.

Last edited:
You mean the Spanish / Euro league which is a very respectable league. Luka doncic actually said it's much easier to score in the Nba than in the Spanish league.

Unlike the 80s and 90s, the defence in the NBA is astrocious these day, all they do is keep hitting the threes and the stupid iso plays.
Lmao

If you trade one the smart move is to trade the other and rebuild. Cash in on the other pieces rather than pray you miraculously pull a rabbit out of the hat and find another star to pair with whatever guy is left. It’s likely the best time to do it and both guys would get a haul of future facing assets. We will be fine enduring it.

Smith and Wade are extremely unlikely to agree to any Mitchell trade so it doesn’t really matter what Ainge thinks on that. I’d be utterly shocked if Mitchell is moved (this year) because ownership loves him and he’s liked throughout the league. Don’t forget, the All-Star game is here next year too so Smith will want representation.
I think you're right. They may move Rudy but probably not Don. He is our only player that is likely to be an allstar next year and the Jazz will want to be repped at their allstar game. I will be surprised if they move either of them. you may see Conley and or a few other minor players moved. I'm not even sure they replace Quin.

From the tea leaves and smoke out there, it sure sounds like we should expect Snyder and Mitchell back.

I am okay with the latter (Mitchell will still have trade value next year), but completely baffled by the former. Has any NBA coach withstood so many playoff disappointments?