What's new

Blowouts

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Im starting to worry about all these blowout wins, couple of close ones in the clutch will be good for us come finals, who takes that last shot and so on.

Im starting to worry about all these blowout wins, couple of close ones in the clutch will be good for us come finals, who takes that last shot and so on.
I think these are coming. We've dropped on 3 pt percentage, now under 40% on the year. The past few games have been rough. But we've still figured out how to get a double digit lead, which shows maturity and focus when we aren't hitting the shots. This next road trip will be a defining moment, and I'm afraid we are going to see these kinds of finishes if we don't start hitting or shots as we were 5 or 10 games ago.

For those old enough to remember, the heyday Jazz would regularly win games when they didn’t play great, or even good on occasion. The old adage “find a way to win” kinda thing.
We seem to be at that level with this group.
Previously we won games were we played the way we wanted, and lost games where we didn’t. Lately we’ve not played the greatest for stretches but found something to key on and put teams away. Maybe this is just where we are now - in that we can win against good teams even when we aren’t clicking on all cylinders.

For those old enough to remember, the heyday Jazz would regularly win games when they didn’t play great, or even good on occasion. The old adage “find a way to win” kinda thing.
We seem to be at that level with this group.
Previously we won games were we played the way we wanted, and lost games where we didn’t. Lately we’ve not played the greatest for stretches but found something to key on and put teams away. Maybe this is just where we are now - in that we can win against good teams even when we aren’t clicking on all cylinders.

Dude I'm old, everything hurts in the morning

I think these are coming. We've dropped on 3 pt percentage, now under 40% on the year. The past few games have been rough. But we've still figured out how to get a double digit lead, which shows maturity and focus when we aren't hitting the shots. This next road trip will be a defining moment, and I'm afraid we are going to see these kinds of finishes if we don't start hitting or shots as we were 5 or 10 games ago.

Pfftt... negative nelly, we beat the clips and lakers. i know it

Pfftt... negative nelly, we beat the clips and lakers. i know it
You're the one asking for close games. I gave you a realistic path to a few. What are you a dads ******?

Agreed. It is clear that we have not looked as good lately but we are finding other ways to win. Some close games are coming and we are going to have to figure out how to play under pressure.

Agreed. It is clear that we have not looked as good lately but we are finding other ways to win. Some close games are coming and we are going to have to figure out how to play under pressure.

Im with you we just have to find a way to stop beating teams by 20 points per night

Its actually not as daft as it sounds, we should look into playing rudy and favs together more to warm up for the lakers and throw some extra minutes at morgsn

We are definitely feeling the loss of Conley, but it feels like there are only 3 or 4 teams that can beat us even if they are playing at the top of their games and we're around average or below.

Minus those teams, we just have to not completely crater, which is Bulls/Warriors championship rare air type of territory.

We have played a total of 19 clutch minutes total this season and I’m here for it. I hope we play zero going forward.