What's new

Bojan is a poor man's....

As bad as Bojan has seemed to be he is still shooting at 40% from 3, or just below. He still is respected and must be guarded because of that. We are just expecting automatic Bojan, where he has been more streaky this year than last. I think he will be fine come playoff time when we will need him most.

Plus I hope he unloads tonight against the Fakers. They need to go down.

I want to trade him over Niang. How's that for disrespect?!#
I mean, I dont think wanting to trade Bojan is a terrible idea if you can put forth a good trade idea. Hell I advocated to trade Bogey this off-season. I didnt do it because I think he sucks or anything. The dude is great and a serious offensive weapon that is going to be a huge piece to exploiting switching defenses. But I just dont think mid-season trades are that great of an idea when you give away big pieces like that. The Jazz are rolling beyond my expectations, so disrupting the team to that extent seems like a bad move IMO.

Try that again in the playoffs. Bucks and Rockets were the leading teams in 3pt made in the regular season the last two years, and guess what happened to them during the playoffs?
Both those teams shot higher percentages in the playoffs than the regular season last year so I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Both those teams shot higher percentages in the playoffs than the regular season last year so I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.
Higher percentage you mean in that Heat series where Milwaukee shot 32% on 54 makes versus Heat's 37% on 75makes?

Heat took away Bucks 3pt shot and what do we have here? A 4-1 gentleman's sweep. Do I have a point here? Hell yeah

Even the Lakers that were ranked 24th in the league on 3pointers, matched Houston in their playoffs series. Houston made 75 threes on 204 shots in that series whereas Lakers made 61 out of 162 on their own. Taking away Houston's biggest strength in 3pt shooting and what do we have? Another gentleman's sweep. Do I have a point here? hell yeah

Higher percentage you mean in that Heat series where Milwaukee shot 32% on 54 makes versus Heat's 37% on 75makes?

Heat took away Bucks 3pt shot and what do we have here? A 4-1 gentleman's sweep. Do I have a point here? Hell yeah

Even the Lakers that were ranked 24th in the league on 3pointers, matched Houston in their playoffs series. Houston made 75 threes on 204 shots in that series whereas Lakers made 61 out of 162 on their own. Taking away Houston's biggest strength in 3pt shooting and what do we have? Another gentleman's sweep. Do I have a point here? hell yeah
I looked at their entire playoff performance because it's the larger sample size. If you really think a 5 game sample size says anything then I dont know what to tell you dude. Some teams just run into unfavorable matchups , sometimes coaches get outcoached or they overcoach, or their players simply don't perform.

I also don't know what to tell you if you think being a great 3pt shooting team is somehow a weakness.

This x10000

It's really a new low for Jazzfanz trolls/low IQ individuals when we have to make a scapegoat while we have the best ****ing record in teh NBA.
The Bogie comments aren't about low IQ or hate. He hasn't played that well this season. Sure injury. I get it. But the fact remains that he has played below his abilities.

The best Bogie trade we could make is Bogie for returned to form Bogie. But until he does that, you shouldn't be shocked or belittle those who hope for more from him because he is clearly capable of more.

After the Wally, Peja, and other comps, the funniest thing is that his best comp is really Niang. Weird that we have two of the BojaNiangiest players in NBA history. We really wanted that stretch 4 so we went out and got 2 hoping one would stick.

Guess its a good problem to have.

For those who poo poo'd the Tobias Harris trades in the off-season though, I still believe he would have been a better fit defensively without giving up much if anything offensively. And he is having a great year.

The Bogie comments aren't about low IQ or hate. He hasn't played that well this season. Sure injury. I get it. But the fact remains that he has played below his abilities.

The best Bogie trade we could make is Bogie for returned to form Bogie. But until he does that, you shouldn't be shocked or belittle those who hope for more from him because he is clearly capable of more.
No, I will continue to do so. It's the same ish with Conley last year. Let players play through rough stretches. I cant think of anything more low IQ in life or sports than to overreact to short-term results.

Bogey's role has been disrupted. He has a 5% lower usage rate than last year. His role is a lot more truncated with the emergence of Conley and Clarkson. With less touches comes more hot/cold performances as he won't be afforded the ability to play through a rough quarter/half when we have other guys rolling.

I predicted all of this in the pre-season, which is why I advocated to trade for a more defensive minded player who could also shoot, but the reality is that would be a hard trade to find and get a guy with the potential impact as large as Bogey. But the reality is that I was wrong to do so. Bogey has been great this year because he is another piece of the most dangerous 3pt shooting attack the NBA has ever seen while also being able to exploit switching mismatches.

After the Wally, Peja, and other comps, the funniest thing is that his best comp is really Niang. Weird that we have two of the BojaNiangiest players in NBA history. We really wanted that stretch 4 so we went out and got 2 hoping one would stick.

Guess its a good problem to have.

For those who poo poo'd the Tobias Harris trades in the off-season though, I still believe he would have been a better fit defensively without giving up much if anything offensively. And he is having a great year.

Tobias Harris makes 34 million a year and it goes up every year...

We poo pood it because we live in reality.

With all these comps yall are throwing out you fail to give Bogey credit for being an automatic bucket anytime he gets a smaller guard on him in the post.

Bojan should be getting the most criticism on this team.
Actually Mitchell and Gobert should because they are the two leaders/faces of the team.

The man is shooting 2% worse from the field from last year and 2% worse from 3. It really is mostly a usage issue and just him adjusting to a new role plus injury recovery.

Just look at the lineup data. His worst pairing is with Clarkson, which makes total sense because a lot of the touches that would have gone to Bogey last year are now going to Clarkson.

I looked at their entire playoff performance because it's the larger sample size. If you really think a 5 game sample size says anything then I dont know what to tell you dude. Some teams just run into unfavorable matchups , sometimes coaches get outcoached or they overcoach, or their players simply don't perform.

I also don't know what to tell you if you think being a great 3pt shooting team is somehow a weakness.
Don't put words in my mouth. When have I said being a great 3pt shooting team is a weakness? All im saying is that a one dimensional/static 3pt shooting team is a weakness.

Heat did well as a 3pt shooting team in both regular seasons and playoffs last year because they have dynamic shooters like Robinson and Herro who can shoot at all three levels that are tough for the opponents to stop.

Static shooters like Brook Lopez, PJ Tucker, Bojan, Niang who can only shoot from a standstill position instead of shooting in motion are easy for opponents to set up counter schemes. That is all I'm saying. Like the Peja vs Bojan discussion from above. Number wise they are very similar players but comes playoffs who do you think is a more effective shooter?

Don't put words in my mouth. When have I said being a great 3pt shooting team is a weakness? All im saying is that a one dimensional/static 3pt shooting team is a weakness.

Heat did well as a 3pt shooting team in both regular seasons and playoffs last year because they have dynamic shooters like Robinson and Herro who can shoot at all three levels that are tough for the opponents to stop.

Static shooters like Brook Lopez, PJ Tucker, Bojan, Niang who can only shoot from a standstill position instead of shooting in motion are easy for opponents to set up counter schemes. That is all I'm saying. Like the Peja vs Bojan discussion from above. Number wise they are very similar players but comes playoffs who do you think is a more effective shooter?
Jazz might be the least one dimensional 3pt shooting off all time.

I guess they don;t have the elite of the elite at motion shooting, but Clarkson makes up for that by being pretty good at it and we have some of the best off the dribble shooters in the NBA. I fail to see what 1 dimensional about the attack when we can both create the 3pt shot off the dribble, off penetration, off mis-direction, etc.

And why in the hell are you putting Bojan is the same sentence as PJ Tucker and Brook Lopez when it comes to shooting? They arent similar. Stop it.

With all these comps yall are throwing out you fail to give Bogey credit for being an automatic bucket anytime he gets a smaller guard on him in the post.
Dude is seriously a switch buster. Considering how we struggled with that over the years you would expect more appreciation for it.

We have at least one guy on the floor at all times who can create his own 3 pt shot off the dribble: Conley, Clarkson, Mitchell...and often 2 of them together. Also, Ingles can take a step-back now and then, as can Bogie with his side-step 3. But with one guy like that and 3 other guys that can all knock it down, along with a constant lob threat in the middle, with good ball movement, the issue of static 3 pt shooters is negated. Just ask the Hornets, or the Celtics, or any one of the other 18 teams buried under an avalanche of 3s at the opportune moment.

Jazz might be the least one dimensional 3pt shooting off all time.

I guess they don;t have the elite of the elite at motion shooting, but Clarkson makes up for that by being pretty good at it and we have some of the best off the dribble shooters in the NBA. I fail to see what 1 dimensional about the attack when we can both create the 3pt shot off the dribble, off penetration, off mis-direction, etc.
"The Least one dimensional" you mean shooting 12 for 34 against a full strength Clippers, which is good for 20th in the league? Clarkson made up for it that night by going 1-7 from deep. And that number would look even worse if it wasn't for two heroic late threes by Donovan trying to save us the game.

yes, it's fair to say that our three point shooting are pretty much unstoppable in regular season and will probably help us secure top seed in the west. But the question always is whether we can beat the lakers and clippers comes playoffs when they take away our 3s or match us on 3s, which the clippers has already shown their ability to do so.

Last edited:
We have at least one guy on the floor at all times who can create his own 3 pt shot off the dribble: Conley, Clarkson, Mitchell...and often 2 of them together. Also, Ingles can take a step-back now and then, as can Bogie with his side-step 3. But with one guy like that and 3 other guys that can all knock it down, along with a constant lob threat in the middle, with good ball movement, the issue of static 3 pt shooters is negated. Just ask the Hornets, or the Celtics, or any one of the other 18 teams buried under an avalanche of 3s at the opportune moment.
celtics and hornets aren't doing great defensively this season and unfortunately we won't be seeing either of these teams in the playoffs.