What's new

Bold Predictions for 2018-2019 season

Not soliciting fake trade offers, but this is the year that we will be mentioned in a ton of trade talks for bigger targets.

We have the perfect mix to make a big trade (not like AD or Giannis big):

-Lots of expiring salary (can make a lot of combos)
-We have intriguing young players - Dante, Grayson, Royce
-We own all our own picks going forward
-Vets that could help a team dealing with injury

Not saying we will, but LoPo gonna go ham at some point with all the possibilities and rumors that will fly around from "sauces".

If the opportunity comes around for a Mirotic type trade we will take it.

Zach Lowe had a bold predictions article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24988629/zach-lowe-crazy-predictions-2018-19-nba-season

Here are a few of his that pertain to the Jazz, both directly and indirectly.

Directly mentions Jazz...

Four teams win 60 games - Toronto, Boston, Houston, and Golden State. If the Rockets fall short, it's possible that a wild-card team -- Philly or Utah -- goes berserk.

NYK trades Courtney Lee - Example: Lee to Utah for Alec Burks, on an $11 million expiring deal. The Jazz have hoarded potential space for this summer, but what are their odds of luring anyone better than Lee? They might stay over the cap to re-sign their own free agents, anyway. But they are so deep in wings, it might not be worth the trouble.

Utah re-signs Ricky Rubio - They could hold extension talks with Rubio now, but the Jazz appear to be hoarding cap space. Utah loves Rubio, and he loves it there. He is still, somehow, just approaching his 28th birthday. If he has another good year, Utah could bring Rubio back at a salary not much more than he makes now. The league is flush with cap room, but it's also flush with point guards. A half-dozen super-duper stars will soak up a lot of that room. I'm not sure any point guard outside of Walker can count on a frothy market.

Indirectly...

Khris Middleton gets almost $30mil per year - Tony Jones has mentioned many times that the Middleton to Utah smoke is real.

Orlando trades Vucevic, but keeps Aaron Gordon - Lowe goes on to say that "Insiders see a Gordon trade as inevitable. Isaac and Bamba are the frontcourt of the future; Gordon is not a wing. The Magic designed Gordon's declining contract to be a trade asset." I think the Jazz really liked Gordon pre-draft, and he'd fit on the team very well. This one's probably a reach.

Zach Lowe had a bold predictions article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24988629/zach-lowe-crazy-predictions-2018-19-nba-season

Here are a few of his that pertain to the Jazz, both directly and indirectly.

Directly mentions Jazz...

Four teams win 60 games - Toronto, Boston, Houston, and Golden State. If the Rockets fall short, it's possible that a wild-card team -- Philly or Utah -- goes berserk.

NYK trades Courtney Lee - Example: Lee to Utah for Alec Burks, on an $11 million expiring deal. The Jazz have hoarded potential space for this summer, but what are their odds of luring anyone better than Lee? They might stay over the cap to re-sign their own free agents, anyway. But they are so deep in wings, it might not be worth the trouble.

Utah re-signs Ricky Rubio - They could hold extension talks with Rubio now, but the Jazz appear to be hoarding cap space. Utah loves Rubio, and he loves it there. He is still, somehow, just approaching his 28th birthday. If he has another good year, Utah could bring Rubio back at a salary not much more than he makes now. The league is flush with cap room, but it's also flush with point guards. A half-dozen super-duper stars will soak up a lot of that room. I'm not sure any point guard outside of Walker can count on a frothy market.

Indirectly...

Khris Middleton gets almost $30mil per year - Tony Jones has mentioned many times that the Middleton to Utah smoke is real.

Orlando trades Vucevic, but keeps Aaron Gordon - Lowe goes on to say that "Insiders see a Gordon trade as inevitable. Isaac and Bamba are the frontcourt of the future; Gordon is not a wing. The Magic designed Gordon's declining contract to be a trade asset." I think the Jazz really liked Gordon pre-draft, and he'd fit on the team very well. This one's probably a reach.

The Courtney Lee suggestion is weird... why would we want the worse player on the worse contract?

Players/situations I’m watching

Wiz and Otto
Clips and Harris
Orlando and Gordon
NO and Niko
Mil and Middleton - that will almost have to be in FA... trading him would almost certainly mean the end of Greek freak in Milwaukee. He will get the max... surprised he’d didn’t push for it last time he was a FA. I think he likely stays though.

How are the Jazz first Eastern conference match ups:

Raptors
Celtics
76s
Celtics
Pacers
Pacers

Seems a little odd :rolleyes:

I have 4.

Eenie- Meenie calls only 2 forum members at work.

Jazzfanz brings back the rep system.

I single handedly neg EM into red.

He calls me at work.

This is the real return of AB. He will win back his spot in the rotation and be legit 6th man this year and average over 12ppg.

Jazz takes the season series from GSW and HOU, but stioll wind up behind GSW overall.

The Courtney Lee suggestion is weird... why would we want the worse player on the worse contract?

Players/situations I’m watching

Wiz and Otto
Clips and Harris
Orlando and Gordon
NO and Niko
Mil and Middleton - that will almost have to be in FA... trading him would almost certainly mean the end of Greek freak in Milwaukee. He will get the max... surprised he’d didn’t push for it last time he was a FA. I think he likely stays though.
I would love to get Otto (contract is scary though), would love to get harris, would love to get gordon (probably my favorite of the bunch. How will his contract look? It cant be too big cause he is so young right?), would obviously love to get niko (im riding shotgun to infection on the niko bus). I dont want middleton at his next contract price though. Plus he cant play the 4 as effectively as any of the others on this list right?

My hot take is the Jazz are in the top half of the league in pace. My hothothot take is top 10 in pace.