What's new

Bongo Available! Go get Bongo!

Here is the link:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
San Antonio released guard Myck Kabongo, but the plan is still for him to sign with Spurs' D-League affiliate in Austin, sources tell Yahoo.

isn't that 'plan' they have tampering?

anyway, i know nothing about the player, so obviously we should jump on it..

If he wasn't good enough for the Spurs then why the hell.....would we even think about waiting. Get his agent on the phone now.

Ok, after doing a bit of reading, he has about the same chance of staying on the team as Machado. Namely, he is a bit better that the ball boy, because instead of passing the ball to the ref, he can pass the ball to his teammates. Unfortunately, he seems to have forgotten to learn how to actually shoot the ball himself, which is actually pretty important in the NBA unless your name is Jamaal Tinsley, who likely had incriminating photos of either Corbin or KOC.

So heck yeah, he's a pass first pass only point guard, let's grab him!

Edit: here's an article that I found and haven't read yet but will:
https://www.poundingtherock.com/analysis-7/2013/10/6/4797400/san-antonio-spurs-myck-kabongo-training-camp

Last edited:
I was all for going it with Burks, but this is would be so much better, if for nothing other than the entertainment round here.

Ok, I've read my article and decided that if we get him I'll be curious and slightly optimistic, seeing as I am a John Stockton fan liking pass first point guards. If they don't, no sweat, he would have been quite a gamble with how badly he has meshed so far on NBA teams.

He's not exactly pass-first (regardless what the article may say). He transformed into more of one because his shot is broken. What is he?

He is a quick PG with good hops that gets into the lane pretty easily where he makes bone-headed decisions.

At his first and last Spurs game against Nuggets he stayed 5 min. on the floor. Scored 1-1 on the floor and drawed more fouls then Burke did in 2 and a half game and scored 4-4 at the line. Probably he played against Nuggets' scrubs but still its positive.

I wouldn't mind giving a chance to him. I think Spurs let him go cause they don't have time for babysitting young and inexperienced players since they're a hard core contender, but Utah is the perfect place for it this year. And Burke is out for 4-8 weeks so why not?