What's new

Book It

bordelais7

Contributor
A short history of the first year on record on jazzfanz.com.

6/16/10 Catchall George and Whiteside go lottery. Book it. Hayward is likely to go lower.
6/24/10 Jerry Lundegaard Deron, Paul, and CJ will all have amazing seasons. BOOK IT
6/25/10 Lost_Jazz_Fan Hayward will be the next coming of Dirk, book it! It's just gonna take about 3 or 4 years for that maturation to happen but when it does, you heard it here first!
6/25/10 Gyp Rosetti Plus we're going after Marc Gasol next summer. Book it.
7/05/10 Lost_Jazz_Fan Hayward will be an Allstar in 4 years, book it.
7/08/10 DWill_Gr8tness If Lebron goes to Miami I am going on record that they wont win a championship. Book it!
7/07/10 Core4 I'd gladly take a player like Haywood at $10M + a decent 6th man + a draft pick from a team wanting to dump salary. Those kind of deals will be available at the deadline. Book it.
7/09/10 Lost_Jazz_Fan After next season it's going to be the Deron and Carmello show for the Jazz! Book it!
7/08/10 chawx Millsap will do just as good as Boozer on O..and will draw more fouls...book it!
7/10/10 jazzman12 5 years for $25 mil? Was hoping it wouldn't be that much but the Jazz orginization will match an offer for wes that averages $5 mil/per. Book it.
7/14/10 ElRoach0 CJ will be outplayed by Hayward this year; Book it
6/28/10 Bronco70 Brazil v. Argentina. Book it. (World Cup thread)
7/29/10 David Stern Al Jefferson will be a superstar in Utah, book it.
7/27/10 chawx Why doesn't anyone in this world but me realize that Boozer was a 20 point a night guy because he was in a system that basically serves up points to it's PF's on a silver platter? He'll lose atleast 4-5 points a night anywhere else in the NBA (especially with a shoot first, not pass first like he's used to, PG like Rose), book it!
7/30/10 David Stern Tomic will be joining the Lakers next season, book it.
6/21/10 Duck Rodgers BYU will be in the Big 12 as of June 29th - book it.
9/28/10 Core4 Unless he's injured, Hawyard will play in all 82 games and average at least 15 mins/per. Book it!
10/03/10 Duck Rodgers Andy Reid will be at BYU soon. Book it.
1/24/11 jazzman12 First of all, the Spurs are not going to win 70 games. They're only getting older and while they've been healty all season long it's still early. Sooner or later some of they're major cogs are going to start missing time. Book it.
1/27/11 VINLYONE AK will retire a Jazz man. Book it.
2/10/11 Sloanfeld Horny will be coach next season, book it Sloanfidels.
5/01/11 Shad Thunder take the West. Book it.
5/20/11 margodydek And Kanter will be a better rebounder that Jonas, book it.
6/13/11 The-Joker Corbin will be fired by the end of the year. Book it.
12/09/11 Cyrone Torbin What are we booking, exactly?

I'm going to lose this next election. Book it.

*since I have received at least one negative rep re: this, I feel it's sad, but necessary, to point out that everyone who previously posted something and ended it with "book it" ended up being wrong. It takes the fun out of things when they need to be explained, but there you go.

You clearly missed Salty predicting the Utes would win the PAC 12 and the NC.

Re: Andy Reid. I'm pretty sure I saw him scarfing down a few gallons of Ice Cream at the BYU Creamery "soon" after I said he would be at BYU. I feel like that should satisfy the conditions of that particular "book it".

Last edited:
7/10/10 jazzman12 5 years for $25 mil? Was hoping it wouldn't be that much but the Jazz orginization will match an offer for wes that averages $5 mil/per. Book it.

Realized this one has no context. This was regarding Wes Matthews.

And I've got a separate file for SaltyDawg. He just didn't use the "book it" catchphrase as often as others.