What's new

Boom Bitches Gets Traded

4 years later.....after the Al Era.... I wonder if Jazzfanzers would rather have not done the Kofus/Jefferson Trade?

Since Kofus was traded the Jazz have ended up in the lottery twice, and had a first round route once. The team also lost Jerry and Duron Williams.

I wonder what would have happened if instead of trying to piece it back together the Jazz blew it up? Keeping Kofus and those draft picks and trying to build with Kofus, Hayward and whatever else they could piece together. Deron was going to bolt no matter, so what if?

Wasn't KK the MVP of the Orlando Summer League and then he got traded with a bunch of picks for Big Al about two weeks later. One of those picks probably would have been Kenneth Faried and he's a good NBA player. We'll never know but it seems like they ought to get something out of Al and Sap.

4 years later.....after the Al Era.... I wonder if Jazzfanzers would rather have not done the Kofus/Jefferson Trade?

Since Kofus was traded the Jazz have ended up in the lottery twice, and had a first round route once. The team also lost Jerry and Duron Williams.

I wonder what would have happened if instead of trying to piece it back together the Jazz blew it up? Keeping Kofus and those draft picks and trying to build with Kofus, Hayward and whatever else they could piece together. Deron was going to bolt no matter, so what if?
At the time, we didn't know Deron was going to bolt. I think Big Al was worth the risk. There were some good feelings right at the start. Remember Jefferson saying Deron had called him and said he was going to make him an all-star? Koufos is NOT a building block; he's a backup. Maybe we would have grabbed Faried, maybe not. And if the Jazz get NOTHING for Al, I'll be ok. Because what the Jazz really got already is cap space. By not taking back salaries for Al and Paul, the Jazz can go free agent shopping. Or they can sit tight and see if better players are available at the deadline (or extra draft picks) - or some combination of the two strategies.

Makes sense for Denver. Denver desperately wants Javale McGee to start, which was one of the reason that George Karl was fired and now they will have the money to sign Mosgov. Sucks that they lost AI though.