What's new

Boom Bitches

homeytennis

I read an article that Kostas Kofus, Iman Shumpert and Garret Temple all picked up player options with the Kings limiting them in 2018 free agency. Iman was dumped by the Cavs as part of the George Hill trade at the deadline. Any Jazz interest in any of these 3?

Shumpert was discussed a lot by this board around the deadline, in terms of taking his salary back to obtain Cleveland’s pick. I believe the general consensus here was that move would be too risky because Shumpert could opt-in.

I think that should answer your question.

I think Koufos is underrated league-wide but I don't want to pay 8.7M for him, one year left or not.

The easy answer is no. Sacramento is a ******* train wreck. Almost every move they’ve made over the last 10 years has been bad.

I am going to make the assumption that Favors will not be back. Then KK would be a reasonable piece. All 3 may be on the waiver wire before the season starts.

Are you sure temple's opted in? I know Shumpet did a few days ago.

Temple dropped 37 in a game l'ast szn IIRC, he's a probable front olffice guy when he retires. Good shooter and defender might be loooking for a longterm deal

giphy.gif

Are you sure temple's opted in? I know Shumpet did a few days ago.

Temple dropped 37 in a game l'ast szn IIRC, he's a probable front olffice guy when he retires. Good shooter and defender might be loooking for a longterm deal

And as a bonus he looks like Lionel Richie

Lindsey stated in an interview the Jazz are focused on retaining their own FA's and mentioned Favors, Exum AND Neto. If that happens, the only roster move may be replacing Stockton with the #21 pick. So then the question becomes are any of these guys better than the players on the roster, including the 3 non-guaranteed contracts.

If Favors, X and Neto all resign discussion over. I think Favors isn't coming back and think they resign X and let Neto walk..

Even if we re-sign all of Favors, Exum and Neto, we can still sign another free agent with our MLE.

If Favors, X and Neto all resign discussion over. I think Favors isn't coming back and think they resign X and let Neto walk..
In his interview last week, Lindsey talked about the priority of signing the Jazz' FA's. He mentioned Favors, Dante AND Raul. Neto is Rudy's little buddy; he's coming back unless the Jazz need the cap space and renounce his rights.

Considering how many people around here cherish 2019 cap space, there are going to be a ton of disappointed people around here if we just stick with the same team plus draft picks.

2018 - primarily keep Favors and Exum
2019 - primarily keep Rubio
2020 - primarily keep O'Neale, Crowder
Etc
Etc

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app