What's new

Boozer interview

Not only no, but HELL NO! He did a good job while he was here. How long was he in Utah, 6 years? You don't retire a number for a guy who did a good job for your team for 6 years, especially when he actually played less than 4 years worth of games during that time (that's accurate, right? If I'm wrong please correct me). You'd run out of numbers pretty quick!

(My own version of what he should have said)
So Carlos Boozer what do you intend on adding to this Bulls team??
Boozer- Well, I plan on stepping onto the court and, ya know....just seeing what happens. if the going is tough, I may suffer an injury and lick my wounds from the sideline, but when I am healthy again, I have no problem with opening up the lane on defense allowing a 5 ft 10 point guard to score on me. it'll be interesting this year to see how many games I play before I stub my toe and have to sit out for 4 months to let it heal. We've got a great group of guys. Half the team I played with in utah, and one of them, I even slept with his fiance' so I know my team inside and out for the most part. I know I can contribute to the team because I have a heart of a turkey. And we would all choose to own a turkey over a lion. But yea it will definately be interesting to see if I do anything this year or not. Hell, either way, I'm gettin payed.

Based on what I have read on this board, everyone except Priceline Negotiator thought he was a two-faced, lazy, selfish, goldbricking, money-grubbing douchebag. Here's his honest answer: "I never connected with the fans in Utah, I was only interested in the money I was getting and getting good stats. I didn't care about winning games, which is why I missed half of the games my team played with various injuries, and when I did play, I only played half the floor, except in my contract year, where I made half an effort. And once I became a free agent I wanted to get my raise, regardless." Basically he left before he was run out of town on a rail.

Memories are short around here I had some epic arguements with Salty Dawg and several others regarding Loozer.