What's new

Boozer's +/- against the Hawks tonight

Rose was -33. Bulls had a tough game. I admit I look at +/- all the time but that doesn't mean it proves a point.

Agree that it's not statistically significant. I just don't recall ever seeing a minus number that low. And he got there in just 22 minutes of action. Hawks starters must have been on fire.

Boozer is just that awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpOkVb5KN8

Even though we're rebuilding and will go through some tough games, at least we don't have to listen to constant yelling anymore....

How is it that, over the wires and the various discussion boards, the information has not crossed over to you yet that the +/- stat is POINTLESS over ONE GAME. Now, I can see why you were excited over the simple number itself, however, given that Boozer is in most of the game, and the Bulls got blown out like a Thailand woman on Mongoloid Way, what the HECK do you expect his +/- to be, genius? What are you, Stephen King? Jesus from Mexico. I swear, topics like these are made for the simple purpose of giving respect to a pre-developed brain, in its neuter stage.

How is it that, over the wires and the various discussion boards, the information has not crossed over to you yet that the +/- stat is POINTLESS over ONE GAME. Now, I can see why you were excited over the simple number itself, however, given that Boozer is in most of the game, and the Bulls got blown out like a Thailand woman on Mongoloid Way, what the HECK do you expect his +/- to be, genius? What are you, Stephen King? Jesus from Mexico. I swear, topics like these are made for the simple purpose of giving respect to a pre-developed brain, in its neuter stage.

CJ, Fesenko and Ronnie Price were #1,2,3 on the jazz in +/- last year, i think they played more than one game.

It's a bogus stat

CJ, Fesenko and Ronnie Price were #1,2,3 on the jazz in +/- last year, i think they played more than one game.

It's a bogus stat
Haven't you heard we'd have been championship contenders if Sloan had just given Fesenko triple the minutes?

Seriously, I agree that +/- can be a very misleading number. If you're a star surrounded by mediocre talent, your +/- will be negative. Does that say anything about you as a player? Oh yeah, if you're great, you're supposed to make others around you better. Try telling that to Deron right now.

On the other hand, if most of your minutes come in garbage time, the +/- stats could look very good, but would be meaningless.

I know it's pointless. It was just a big number. Bigger than I had ever personally seen for one player in one game in my 30+ years of watching NBA basketball. A statistical anomaly that I thought might be of some interest. Obviously not to you. But possibly to someone. Have a nice day.

You forgot to sign your post. Are you sure you are the REAL Craig K. Manscill?

Hey there elder, not to becoming of you.

Didn't Jazz of the Deron, Okur and Boozer era get killed by the Hawks? Josh Smith probably matches up really well against Boozer.

Chicago is lucky he hasn't tripped over a referee's shoes, and torn an ACL yet.

the Bulls announcers were talking about Boozer's play and all the criticism he's getting - but they feel he's doing a pretty decent job and that it's more that he's just not a good fit for Derrick Rose's style of play - Boozer is an under the basket, clog the lane guy and with Bulls, the lane is supposed to be kept open for D-Rose.

fwiw

(not much probably)