What's new

Boy who shot grandmother thought gun was a toy.

I'm curious what kind of gun it was and if the boy had to do anything besides pull the trigger to fire. At that age many guns would be very difficult to operate unless they already had a round in the chamber.

You're completely correct, though. Guns do absolutely need to be secured from access by children.

This is a weird case and I'm sure we're not really getting all the details. For one, this lady was old. An 87 year old being the primary caregiver for an 8 year old? The parents are around but they prefer to pawn their child off on their very elderly mother. 8 year old plays probably the crudest game around, one where having sex with a prostitute regains your health and killing her after saves you money.

Now this kid is back with good old mom and dad.

This is a pretty horrible thing to say, but at least the grandma was able to live to 87. It isn't exactly like her life was cut tragically short.

So is the game in any way responsible?

I just feel bad for the kid as it is pretty given he will have nightmares about grandmas brain exploding in his face and all over the room for the rest of his life. Hope he gets some psycho therapy or hypnosis to help with it.
And good point about the game - same like gun it should have been unavailable for kid that age.

well i have been handling guns sice i was 4 year olds.
my grandparents died of natural casues, 1 die din a traffic incident)
but hey some retards dont know how to handle guns and kids with guns

LETS BANN AL GUNS

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha that's so gold - The place they live in is named "Slaughter".
But have to admit when I first read such a report from the USA I was way more amused. It's been like the 5th article I read where something similar to this happened.