What's new

Breaking News about Enes Kanter..............

Kanter for Jackson, Lamb and Ish Smith.

Utah gets a PG to start, can slide Exum to the 2, and have him hit threes in the corner and play defense. Utah also gets to "try before they buy" with Jackson. Maybe Lamb becomes a solid bench guy. Cut Smith.

Ibaka is declining quickly. Kanter gives OKC a young big that could have a future there. Also, going to a very good team with alpha males may be good for Kanter. Calm him down a little. Worst case? OKC lets him walk in FA, but they were going to do that with Jackson anyways.

NBA TV is saying there's a 3-way trade for Kanter. Report says that Enes is going to OKC, Jackson is going to Detroit and that's all they know. I'm guessing Monroe is coming to Utah or some similar package.

Detroit has to be sending something to the Jazz....

OKC out: Perkins, Jackson
OKC in: Kanter, Singler
=fair deal

Detroit out: ?? ?? Singler
Detroit in: Jackson, Novak

Utah out: Enes Kanter
Utah In: Perkins (bought out) ?? ??

The Jazz have to be getting rewarded for a) giving Enes to a division rival (we may regret this), and b) taking on Perkins' crap deal to help them make this work. Edit: Jazz are buying out Perkins.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that the Jazz will buy out Perkins' contract. So far not clear what's coming to the Jazz.

Kyle Singler is also reportedly going to OKC.

How is it possible to get rid of Kanter, Novak, and Perkins, and not get any players back? I'm scratching my head.

The Jazz taking Perkins and buying him out is doing everyone else a favor in this deal, especially the Thunder.

The Jazz need to be getting picks as incentive.

We are getting MAX CONTRACT cap space. So, we are trading Kanter for Matthews/Singleton type player. That's what this trade is for.

We now have cap space, right before the cap jumps. That means we can overpay now, not have it hurt us, and make use of our cap space before it becomes irrelevant.