What's new

Bring back Sloan.

What are options? Stan Van is intriguing. Who else is out there? Any future Thibodeau's?

Krisco.

He gets his guys to actually play hard. That would be a 100x upgrade over what we have right now. Could you imagine how much better our starters would be if they actually played with effort?

Sloan, Hornacek, possibly Brian Shaw.

A week ago I was 95% sure Ty would be back as head coach next season. Now I'm around 60% confident. There will be alot of egg on the front office's face if the Jazz don't come close to making the playoffs (a distinct possibility w/their schedule) - especially after (atleast up until a few weeks ago) they've been going out of their way to defend and support Corbin's decision-making and stressing how important it was to the franchise to win games and make the playoffs.
It was February 22, 2012 that I realized that Corbin wasn't as much of an inexperienced NBA head coach as he was simply a poor NBA head coach, and in the next 13 months he's done nothing to change my mind. There's virtually no evidence that he will do anything that will change his course over the next 13 months - so the Jazz need to stop wasting time (and time is very precious when you've got young talent because obviously they won't be young forever and the majority of players improve the most when they're young).
If by some reason they aren't already, sooner or later Utah's non-free agents are going to get fed up with all this and then Utah will be in two consecutive rebuilding projects with no ice cream in between.

Krisco.

He gets his guys to actually play hard. That would be a 100x upgrade over what we have right now. Could you imagine how much better our starters would be if they actually played with effort?

No way. He failed at the NBA level before. He is looking like he is a great college coach. Managing millionaires is a much harder job.

Sloan, Hornacek, possibly Brian Shaw.

A week ago I was 95% sure Ty would be back as head coach next season. Now I'm around 60% confident. There will be alot of egg on the front office's face if the Jazz don't come close to making the playoffs (a distinct possibility w/their schedule) - especially after (atleast up until a few weeks ago) they've been going out of their way to defend and support Corbin's decision-making and stressing how important it was to the franchise to win games and make the playoffs.
It was February 22, 2012 that I realized that Corbin wasn't as much of an inexperienced NBA head coach as he was simply a poor NBA head coach, and in the next 13 months he's done nothing to change my mind. There's virtually no evidence that he will do anything that will change his course over the next 13 months - so the Jazz need to stop wasting time (and time is very precious when you've got young talent because obviously they won't be young forever and the majority of players improve the most when they're young).
If by some reason they aren't already, sooner or later Utah's non-free agents are going to get fed up with all this and then Utah will be in two consecutive rebuilding projects with no ice cream in between.

Covered all the bases and very well articulated.

As a jazz fan i wanna some revoluation not just change. Even though i respect so much to Sloan, he's done so it would be just awesome to see SVG in the press conference for the Jazz. He's one of the most funny, honest and hard worker guy who has ball to **** Howard and show how GM's might be liar.

My guess is FO reluctant to bring non home-grown coach because they afraid of the Jazz losing their identity they got with Sloan. This is why we got Corbin who promised to run basically the same ideology with some tweaks (nevermind the fact he hasn't built anything own in the meantime but scrapped a lot). The train of thought there is if they call an outsider like Tomjanovic, Adelman or either van Gandy they may demand to bring their people to suite the style of basketball they want to run. FO and Greg may believe the risk of them failing and having the same disaster as LAL had with Mike Brown. They know they are not Lakers and may end up as a team with no identity at all like Wolves (until recently), Bobcats or Suns.

I say no. Ty is not the answer but Sloan no longer was either.

I'd be intrigued by Brad Stevens.

Brad Stevens? Of Butler? Never played or coached in the NBA, Brad Stevens?

Some would say that he lacks the credibility.

I say, "where is the bandwagon, save me a seat!"