What's new

Bring Back Sloan?

Moderator: Can someone please merge this with my poll of the same title in another thread?? Thanks!

You know, for those of you that wished for Sloan to be gone for a while now... I have something to say to you.. "Be careful what you wish for."

Whenever Corbin is calling a play, he looks like he's about to **** himself... He has that look, "I hope I don't screw up here" whenever it's time to "buckle up" for a close game, and the team responds in a way that reflects his body language, and fold under the pressure...

I like Corbin as an assistant coach, but as a head coach, HE STINKS!

You know, for those of you that wished for Sloan to be gone for a while now... I have something to say to you.. "Be careful what you wish for."

Whenever Corbin is calling a play, he looks like he's about to **** himself... He has that look, "I hope I don't screw up here" whenever it's time to "buckle up" for a close game, and the team responds in a way that reflects his body language, and fold under the pressure...

I like Corbin as an assistant coach, but as a head coach, HE STINKS!

First off, what is wrong with wanting change? A lot of the fans had grown tiresome of the same old Jerry Sloan playbook and his overall coaching philosophy. I respect Jerry for what he has done for the franchise and for being one of the best coaches of all-time. However, I do think the NBA has evolved in ways that Jerry cannot and will not fathom. He's old school, which worked well enough to get us to the playoffs nearly every year. We, as fans, want more than a playoff spot, and the only way that's going to happen is if some things change. The players have evolved and the coaches need to make the proper adjustments.

Secondly, give Corbin a fight chance. He got thrown into the head coach position out of nowhere and is going to struggle, be nervous, and make plenty of mistakes. He's a ROOKIE head coach of a team that had the same coach for the last two decades. I wouldn't even consider this his rookie season considering the season was well past halfway over when he got the job. It's all about experience. It's important for Corbin to make mistakes so that he can learn from them. Corbin is no Sloan and don't bother trying to compare the two. There are so many different things he needs to learn and probably will with the EXPERIENCE. Give him a break. Oh yeah, lets not forget this team has been without a true leader since Deron got shipped to Jersey.

We, as fans, need to be patient.

No way I want Sloan back. This team lack talent and Bell plays too much. Sloan doesn't slove either of those issues.

Sloan was losing his motivation, from what I could see. The Sloan of 2007 I'd want back. The one from 2010, not so much.

Sloan quit in the middle of a season...and then he cried about it like a little girl.

First off, what is wrong with wanting change? A lot of the fans had grown tiresome of the same old Jerry Sloan playbook and his overall coaching philosophy. I respect Jerry for what he has done for the franchise and for being one of the best coaches of all-time. However, I do think the NBA has evolved in ways that Jerry cannot and will not fathom. He's old school, which worked well enough to get us to the playoffs nearly every year. We, as fans, want more than a playoff spot, and the only way that's going to happen is if some things change. The players have evolved and the coaches need to make the proper adjustments.

Secondly, give Corbin a fight chance. He got thrown into the head coach position out of nowhere and is going to struggle, be nervous, and make plenty of mistakes. He's a ROOKIE head coach of a team that had the same coach for the last two decades. I wouldn't even consider this his rookie season considering the season was well past halfway over when he got the job. It's all about experience. It's important for Corbin to make mistakes so that he can learn from them. Corbin is no Sloan and don't bother trying to compare the two. There are so many different things he needs to learn and probably will with the EXPERIENCE. Give him a break. Oh yeah, lets not forget this team has been without a true leader since Deron got shipped to Jersey.

We, as fans, need to be patient.

Yes ... patience... don't we all need to have patience to succeed...

Exhibit 1: Seatle SuperSonics - Their lone NBA Finals appearance was followed by years of mediocre team, after team, after team.. Fans' patience resulted in a successful move to Oklahoma City where they'll set to make consecutive playoffs appearances for years to come!
Exhibit 2: Sacramento Kings - After a famous playoff run that ended with Robert Horry's Jumper was followed by 5 years of not making it into the post season.. and it's paid off big time for them! They're now moving on to a bigger and better city!

Exhibit 1: Seatle SuperSonics - Their lone NBA Finals appearance was followed by years of mediocre team, after team, after team.. Fans' patience resulted in a successful move to Oklahoma City where they'll set to make consecutive playoffs appearances for years to come!
Exhibit 2: Sacramento Kings - After a famous playoff run that ended with Robert Horry's Jumper was followed by 5 years of not making it into the post season.. and it's paid off big time for them! They're now moving on to a bigger and better city!

You know, regardless of where this team is playing their home games, I'll always be a huge fan. I do not see the Jazz moving anywhere anytime soon. The only way this franchise can turn things around is to try new things.. and if they don't work, throw 'em out! One example of trying out new things is Corbin as the head coach. If we're halfway through next season and things aren't where they should be with the team then a change at the head coaching position is something you, as a Jazz fan, want the franchise to consider. IMO, the team starts and finishes with coaching. The crap thing is, the Jazz front office doesn't often make ballsy moves so quickly so we may see Corbin around for a while even if he doesn't improve.

You know, regardless of where this team is playing their home games, I'll always be a huge fan. I do not see the Jazz moving anywhere anytime soon. The only way this franchise can turn things around is to try new things.. and if they don't work, throw 'em out! One example of trying out new things is Corbin as the head coach. If we're halfway through next season and things aren't where they should be with the team then a change at the head coaching position is something you, as a Jazz fan, want the franchise to consider. IMO, the team starts and finishes with coaching. The crap thing is, the Jazz front office doesn't often make ballsy moves so quickly so we may see Corbin around for a while even if he doesn't improve.

You know that the Sonics are now called Thunder and Kings will likely change to Royals right?

You'll still support the team even if it's changed to the "Las Vegas Cabaret"?

All joking aside... you can try Jazz has always been a consistent playoff team because it sticks to what works. Trying out new things is new to the Jazz organisation.

I don't mind trying out new things - but don't take long doing it. Because as we've already seen - this business is brutal - and trying out new things could get real old real fast.

Sloan doesnt deserve the crap this team has become. He left when he should. The team tied his hands and he said, mmk, bye...Glad he did...now we can pick up lotto picks we never would have with him still here