What's new

Bring back the triple wing and bring Rubio off the bench!

whatthe

Alec has played well in the last game. Rubio's erratic shooting is killing us - our point guard play is hurting us, so let's play without a true point.

Alec, Mitchell, Hood at the triple wing.
Thabo or Ingles at the 4.

We are hurting really bad. We started the season well, but other teams have figured us out.

Alec has played well in the last game. Rubio's erratic shooting is killing us - our point guard play is hurting us, so let's play without a true point.

Alec, Mitchell, Hood at the triple wing.
Thabo or Ingles at the 4.

We are hurting really bad. We started the season well, but other teams have figured us out.

Makes sense to me. In the games when the Jazz were behind but won, he played Mitchell at the point with two or three wings and had Rubio on the bench. As the games progress, it seems I may have been right about Rubio. Maybe Rubio can adapt his game better to suit the Jazz team. If not, then Mitchell and in the future, if hopefully he recovers, Exum will be the better option (playing Exum and Mitchell together). It's still too early to tell about Rubio. But if he doesn't adjust, the Jazz will not be making the playoffs, and even if he does, they still might not make it.

Interesting concept, if Mitchell can become a consistent threat from three, we might even go Alec, Mitchell, Jingles, Favs and Gobert

I prefer Gobert, Thabo, Jingles, Hood and Mitchell to start. Favors/Udoh, JJ/Jerebko, Burks and Rubio off the bench. Keep everyone fresh and hungry, while building some chemistry between Gobert/Hood/Mitchell and also Favors/Burks/Rubio. I think the Jazz have great supporting options to put around both of those specific groups.

I can’t be the only one who thinks DM could be a PG in this league. He can play the 1 or 2 interchangeably IMO

Black jazz players must live up to the stereotypes of black ppl created by white ppl in order for us to win!

Rubio is 1/23 from 3 point land, 4.3 assists, 3.16 TO per game over his last 6 games..He is hurting the team really badly as a starter..unless we are stealth tanking..He needs to be relegated to the bench.

He also seems pretty bad defensively. It's weird that coach Snyder is willing to put Burks or Exum on a leash so fast in the past but give Rubio such free reign to be so bad.

Minnesota didn't even bother to D him up at the 3 point line..last time I remember seeing that of our point guards, I think we had Tinsley..(and even with Tinsley I at least felt he could get to the rim to score). What's even worse was that he would just pass the ball off with no one on him as he was too scared to do anything with the ball.

It looks there was a major reason why Rubio has never been to the playoffs..Either way,..he needs to dig deep , work hard and figure out how to improve.

Last edited: