What's new

Bring Joe and Ricky Back

LoPo

The tweet below has hit pretty hard, and all this talk of Joe being done is depressing. I say screw it, and trade Clarkson and Dok for Ricky Rubio and draft compensation. Let Ricky and Joe support each other through rehab to come back together next year. Bring them back on team friendly deals. It would be awesome to have Joe and Ricky coming off our bench the 2nd half of next season 100% ready to go.

If we traded Clarkson and Dok for Ricky, Cleveland gets to avoid the luxury tax which is a big deal. Maybe the trade gets us Cleveland's 2022 1st. Or maybe it just gets us Houston's 2022 2nd which Cleveland owns and we can get our 2nd back in 2027. Cleveland owns 5 extra 2nd round picks from 2022 to 2027. Let's work this out.

The tweet below has hit pretty hard, and all this talk of Joe being done is depressing. I say screw it, and trade Clarkson and Dok for Ricky Rubio and draft compensation. Let Ricky and Joe support each other through rehab to come back together next year. Bring them back on team friendly deals. It would be awesome to have Joe and Ricky coming off our bench the 2nd half of next season 100% ready to go.

If we traded Clarkson and Dok for Ricky, Cleveland gets to avoid the luxury tax which is a big deal. Maybe the trade gets us Cleveland's 2022 1st. Or maybe it just gets us Houston's 2022 2nd which Cleveland owns and we can get our 2nd back in 2027. Cleveland owns 5 extra 2nd round picks from 2022 to 2027. Let's work this out.

Im all for sentimentality and emotion, its to be human. I love them both but no.

Im all for sentimentality and emotion, its to be human. I love them both but no.
No, you don't want them back on team friendly deals next year because you don't think they are worth it, can recover, etc?

or

No, you don't want to trade Clarkson and Dok for Rubio and draft compensation?

or

Both?

No, you don't want them back on team friendly deals next year because you don't think they are worth it, can recover, etc?

or

No, you don't want to trade Clarkson and Dok for Rubio and draft compensation?

or

Both?

I think its move based on the heart, because you love your guys and not a decision that's best for the team.

This is a really tough situation because we all get emotionally invested in these guys. We put them on pedestals, we laud their achievements and the things they do in the community, etc. and we feel we "know" them, and love them in a way. So it is so hard to see them go down like this. But it is also both a business and a sport, and in the end, we are chasing the ring. We loved Stockton, and Malone, Hornacek, and Memo too, but they never got us there. We love Ingles, but we haven't gotten there yet with this iteration either. Are we willing to move who must be moved if it means we get the ring? It is an interesting dichotomy of the humanity of it all and the quest for the prize. Is Frodo more important than disposing of the ring? Is Luke more important than defeating the Empire? Or would you quickly trade out Luke or Frodo to get the job done if that is what it takes?

But for fans like us, it is this part of it that makes basketball transcend the mere actions of bouncing a ball and throwing it through a metal ring. It makes it more than our collective glory days, or our weekend physical exercise, or our play time with our kids. It makes it bigger than life. It is why we love the game. Because of the human connection to the team, the players individually, and in our own lives, to our family and friends that are at least somewhat connected by love of the game. I have made a lot of friends in BBall leagues through the years. More than anywhere else through work or church or whatever. And frankly, we talk about the city league championships we won (in Reno we won 3 rec league championships in a row), but it is the people we reminisce with and about that make it meaningful.

So we love you Joe. Come back to us soon. Speedy recovery. And I truly do hope we get one more season as a farewell.

But most importantly, I hope you and your family are healthy and happy wherever life leads you next.

It's time to stop recycling the past thinking it's a solution for the future. Find the right guys that can contribute.

It’s gotta be a first (maybe a “fake” that conveys to two seconds), and we can’t control next year, but for this season it’s something I would do if nothing better shook out for JC. He makes us actively worse right now, losing him is addition by subtraction. And we need assets to lube other deals, and we need other deals in the next year.

Bring em both back.... as free agents on minimum deals while they rehab. Make a reality tv show out of it. It pays for itself.
That's what I'm thinking. What do we really have to lose if Ricky and Joe are here making around $2 million a year? We don't have to force them back or play them a ton of minutes. But our depth is so bad that if they can be 100% this time next year, we'd be grateful to have them.

Also, trade Jazz naming right to NO fro Zion. And rename to Utah Hospital.

Because 2 torn ACLs equals 1 ? I love them both but no and stop reading too much into things
If healthy, Rubio is at the very least worth what Rudy Gay got (around $6 million a year). If healthy, Joe is probably worth around the same.

If we could convince both of them to stay with us in the summer for $4 or $5 million combined with 2nd year team options, I think it could be savvy business. We know that they are great in the lockerroom. And we know we'll have to spend minimum type money on guys to fill out the roster.

If healthy, Rubio is at the very least worth what Rudy Gay got (around $6 million a year). If healthy, Joe is probably worth around the same.

If we could convince both of them to stay with us in the summer for $4 or $5 million combined with 2nd year team options, I think it could be savvy business. We know that they are great in the lockerroom. And we know we'll have to spend minimum type money on guys to fill out the roster.
I think we did Rubio bad on how he left, he ain't coming back.

Love Joe but he's been non-existent this entire year.

Ricky doesn't move the needle all that much unless he comes off of the bench.

I'd love to bring either of them back on vet min type deals next season if they were interested, no idea what their markets will be. We won't have much more to offer than that.

I'd also be happy to have them both on minimum deals. They bring a lot of leadership. Ricky is a decent defender and has height. Who knows how either will respond to ACL recovery though, that can make a big difference on future performance.

Joe was heavy this year, if he doesn't stay on top of conditioning he'll be done unfortunately.

If Joe wants to come back for one more year at a vet min type deal we absolutely say yes. Love Ricky but that is a no.