What's new

Broadcasting Team Review - Now's Your Chance for Input

As critical of Boler I have been at times I have to say he has had said great calls over the years. Harpring called him out on some things and I do kind of miss that dynamic they had. The 3 team crew nowadays is a bit of a mess.

Because I haven't watched any Jazz games this year, they asked me why and after that, the survey was over, hahaha. I live in Boise and I'm not paying $80/month to watch Jazz games. o_O

I wish we could coke up Boler before every game. He has a golden voice, but just feels sleepy. I can’t remember a single exciting call from him. That it feels like he can’t stay in his seat and is amazed at what happened. If we could give his voice to Locke it would be entertaining.

As for Holly… please let some other woman try. I know DEI is a goal, but there are other women who should get a shot. She is so bland and uninsightful. She often is just wrong about other teams/players in the league. Feels like the lady who admitted making things up when she was a sideline reporter.

I would love to listen to the Jazz broadcast again, maybe this survey helps initiate a change (not holding my breath).

I would really love if they offered a broadcast option of just stadium noise. I watch most games on mute and miss some of the energy and excitement that comes from the stadium noise.

Because I haven't watched any Jazz games this year, they asked me why and after that, the survey was over, hahaha. I live in Boise and I'm not paying $80/month to watch Jazz games. o_O
One question...

Boy-zee

Or

Boy-see

And there is only one correct answer.

I turn off the volume and stream Locke and Booner. The delay is a problem, but it's so much more lively and entertaining.

Before SEG took over the broadcast, the SAP had court sounds only. Not an option anymore, at least on YTTV. I just watch the other team's feed now.

Before SEG took over the broadcast, the SAP had court sounds only. Not an option anymore, at least on YTTV. I just watch the other team's feed now.
Dang I'd love court sounds only.During a recent road game a jazz fan was in the crowd making all these weird bird noises saying ca caw ca caw! But you couldnt hear it over Boler and Thurl.

Meh. I was only given the ability to rate the on air personalities when what I really wanted was to kvetch about the super irritating Jazz + viewing experience most notably to include the irritating omni-present SEG spinny logo.
I'm voting with my wallet and not re-upping Jazz + this month. It's the only feedback I can provide on what matters to me.

Last edited:
Locke is my most hated local sports personality.
That guy also rubs me the wrong way. He has the ability to turn from water carrier to leading expert to a hyperbolic / doom-and-gloom fanboy within a single sentence.

He also likely throws a car dealer ad into that same sentence.

As critical of Boler I have been at times I have to say he has had said great calls over the years. Harpring called him out on some things and I do kind of miss that dynamic they had. The 3 team crew nowadays is a bit of a mess.
The 3 team never works. Boler and Harp were much better.

The current group is not great. Holly doesn't add anything. Boler is starting to know a little basketball after only really knowing football, but it is still painful at times. Thurl is basketball-wise, but so boring to listen too. The team is fun to watch, but the broadcasters are boring and lack any real emotion other than Holly rambling on about stupid stuff that is rarely related. Thurl is super nice, but listening to him talk is a cure for insomnia.

Last edited: