What's new

Brutal player assessments from 'experts'.

Et tu Brute

Boring thread - but with a few days between Jazz games I have been listening more carefully to some NBA podcasts and have become more sensitive than ever to the brutal dismissal of NBA calibre players abilities and ceilings.

On these types of forums I expect people to have harsh things to say about individual players e.g. the Exum's of this world. But even when I hear Exum trashed on here (or others like Burks) I sense it is within the confines of that 'acceptable internet fandom forum' thingy. I mean, I expect we wouldn't bag the **** out of these players to their faces(right?)

So hearing Lowe, Duncan (and even Locke - who tbh does it less gratuitously) among others dismiss 70% (?) of NBA players as trash has irked me (I'm feeling very irked). And I can honestly say I am not an overly sensitive guy - I just believe in some good ole fashioned respect.

So question is, am I being too 'precious' or do these 'experts' need to look at how they talk about a large number of participants of the league that provides them with their livelihoods?

Lastly, are there podcasts which have a level of decorum and respect in the way they approach breaking down the NBA. I get it - I don't want to be lied to, but I find it jarring and unnecessary. On the whole the analysis of these guys is fantastic and spot on - just tone it down?

Boring rant over... Bring on more games :)