What's new

Bucks want Sloan

Beantown

According to USA today. This doesn't make sense though. He turns down the Portland job only to possibly accept a deal with the Bucks?

According to USA today. This doesn't make sense though. He turns down the Portland job only to possibly accept a deal with the Bucks?

The Bucks had Tobias Harris but traded him for JJ Redick.

A core of Sanders/Harris/Ilyasova would have been solid in the East.

Since the Bucks have the worst GM in NBA history, no way Sloan should sign there.

Jennings and Ellis are crap.

I think Portland is kind of a rival of the Jazz, same division. There are enough reasons why Sloan passed on the deal.

Sloan coaching Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis would be so damn funny...until Sloan is dead within 6 months.

The Bucks had Tobias Harris but traded him for JJ Redick.

A core of Sanders/Harris/Ilyasova would have been solid in the East.

Since the Bucks have the worst GM in NBA history, no way Sloan should sign there.

Jennings and Ellis are crap.

I think Portland is kind of a rival of the Jazz, same division. There are enough reasons why Sloan passed on the deal.
Including Portland signing Jazz FA's to big contracts. And being so loyal to their GM's and coaches (NOT). I doubt Sloan ever seriously considered Portland.

I think Sloan is doing just enough to keep himself in the back of people's minds until the perfect, and I mean perfect, gig comes along for him. Unless/until that day ever comes...he will be content to stay retired.

Ellis and Jennings are probably gone.

Monta is going to opt out and become an FA and Jennings won't be matched.

That will give them a whole load of Cap Room - to do what with I have no idea though.

The only reaon I could see him joining the Bucks is the closeness to Illinois.

I think Sloan is doing just enough to keep himself in the back of people's minds until the perfect, and I mean perfect, gig comes along for him. Unless/until that day ever comes...he will be content to stay retired.

...you mean when Stockton and Malone walk through those doors again?