What's new

BUMP: This Thread when the Lakers SUCK!

Luol deng was never going to play center for the jazz if we acquired him. No way in hell

You don't know that. What if we play the Warriors* and they play Draymond Green at center? What if Favors had suffered an injury? The point is Luol Deng possesses the versatility to play at center if needed vs the new style of teams going very small. I know this because he did it last year with pretty good success in the playoffs. Hell he did it in the playoffs.

Someone insults me first I'm going to fire back. Deng has played small ball center in the past year and the Heat were successful with those lineups. He has more positional versatility than Joe Johnson. I was called out for having low ball IQ if I thought that was true. If you want to go look at Deng's measurements, the dude has a 9'1 standing reach with a 7'1 wingspan, he is more than capable of matching guys like James and Green if they are the tallest players on the court.

I just did a run down of the Heat's best lineups in the regular season and in the playoffs and every one in the top-25 had Whiteside or Bosh (regular season) on the floor. So I'm not sure where you are getting this from. You can say you watched it in the playoffs all you want, but you have literally zero proof to back it up. BTW, I stopped after the top-25 because after that it's pointless when not one lineup had Deng as the tallest player on the court.

I just did a run down of the Heat's best lineups in the regular season and in the playoffs and every one in the top-25 had Whiteside or Bosh (regular season) on the floor. So I'm not sure where you are getting this from. You can say you watched it in the playoffs all you want, but you have literally zero proof to back it up. BTW, I stopped after the top-25 because after that it's pointless when not one lineup had Deng as the tallest player on the court.

Yes, of course the Heat are better with Bosh or Whiteside, but obviously those guys arent always able to be on the floor because of health. I never once said I want Deng to be playing center, but it's something he can do if necessary (vs select matchups I believe it could be a good lineup, like playing against the Warriors if they have Green at center). They were forced to do it vs the Raptors and it didnt work as well because they play true big men, but it was good vs the Hornets when they employed it.

And you swallow whale goo.

PleasantHarmoniousBobolink.gif

You don't know that. What if we play the Warriors* and they play Draymond Green at center? What if Favors had suffered an injury? The point is Luol Deng possesses the versatility to play at center if needed vs the new style of teams going very small. I know this because he did it last year with pretty good success in the playoffs. Hell he did it in the playoffs.
Whatever

Joe Johnson 2-years 22 mil >>>>> Luol Deng 4-years 72 mil

Yes, of course. I definitely agree with that for our team, but Deng is the better player and more positionaly versatile. I would have preferred Deng at a higher salary for 2 years though. Obviously that was not possible because the Lakers were desperate.

Someone insults me first I'm going to fire back. Deng has played small ball center in the past year and the Heat were successful with those lineups. He has more positional versatility than Joe Johnson. I was called out for having low ball IQ if I thought that was true. If you want to go look at Deng's measurements, the dude has a 9'1 standing reach with a 7'1 wingspan, he is more than capable of matching guys like James and Green if they are the tallest players on the court.

You are vile and not worth a reply.

It worked for the Heat. They where one of the best defensive teams last year. If you are playing GSW and have Dray at center Deng is a pretty viable 5.

<comment edited out>

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

LULZ. How many minutes in the regular season did he play the 5?

Yes, of course the Heat are better with Bosh or Whiteside, but obviously those guys arent always able to be on the floor because of health. I never once said I want Deng to be playing center, but it's something he can do if necessary (vs select matchups I believe it could be a good lineup, like playing against the Warriors if they have Green at center). They were forced to do it vs the Raptors and it didnt work as well because they play true big men, but it was good vs the Hornets when they employed it.

So wait, you earlier said Deng played the 5 well for the Heat and now you say you "never once said (you) want Deng to be playing center." Why? If he played it well like you so adamantly said (though WC showed he didn't play the 5 in at least the top 25 best Heat line-ups), why wouldn't you want that?

So wait, you earlier said Deng played the 5 well for the Heat and now you say you "never once said (you) want Deng to be playing center." Why? If he played it well like you so adamantly said (though WC showed he didn't play the 5 in at least the top 25 best Heat line-ups), why wouldn't you want that?

Because that isn't the Jazz's identity. It worked for the Heat because of circumstances where their two traditional bigs were injured. The point is that it's something he can do vs certain teams, a specific one being the best team in the NBA, the Warriors. Is that hard to understand?

Because that isn't the Jazz's identity. It worked for the Heat because of circumstances where their two traditional bigs were injured. The point is that it's something he can do vs certain teams, a specific one being the best team in the NBA, the Warriors. Is that hard to understand?

Did it work for the Heat? You keep saying that but let's see how the team did when he was at the 5. Do you actually want to provide some stats? I'd guess it was mediocre and would've been worse in the playoffs if it wasn't for Toronto's awful frontline.

And all of this started because you said he was much more versatile than JJ which simply isn't true. Dude can play the 2, 3 and 4.

Did it work for the Heat? You keep saying that but let's see how the team did when he was at the 5. Do you actually want to provide some stats? I'd guess it was mediocre and would've been worse in the playoffs if it wasn't for Toronto's awful frontline.

And all of this started because you said he was much more versatile than JJ which simply isn't true. Dude can play the 2, 3 and 4.

You don't understand. CY is right no matter how wrong he actually is.