What's new

Burks out indefinitely after ankle surgery

This is infuriating. Our medical/training staff seems like it's completely inept. How can this be happening? Heads need to roll... surely? Those injuries keep piling up and they don't seem to be handling them well. This situation with Burks is completely ridiculous.

I'm so glad Dante did his surgery independently in LA. This is not a good look for our medical staff.

bummer ....more Mack at PG and Exum having to play SG instead of PG

To me this slows Exum's progress and guarantees the Jazz slow pace continues

You should be jumping up and down as it will result in more minutes for your boy no matter what position he plays. More minutes = faster progress. Or this equation is too difficult for you to understand?

Houston Methodist website says that simple "debridement" may not require formal rehab. Instead they usually give some stretches and excersizes to do at home. That's somewhat encouraging.

But over all this is really frustrating.

Lol at not clearing this operation ahead of time during the offseason-- but waiting until we're one week into the season.

Clown show.

And of course they won't give details on what sort of "operation" it was so we'll have zero idea what the timetable is

Since joining the Jazz back in 2011 he's played in 65% of their games. What a waste of money/talent.

Crazy to think just a few years ago we thought this would be the future:

Burke
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

Now it's just Hayward and Favors left.

Right now I'm listening to John Cena song while reading this thread. Trust me It's so much fun :( :(

What a fiasco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since joining the Jazz back in 2011 he's played in 65% of their games. What a waste of money/talent.

Burke
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

That being said, it is impressive that we were able to replace Burke/Burks/Kanter with Exum/Hood/Gobert so quickly. Front Office is doing something right.

Lol at not clearing this operation ahead of time during the offseason-- but waiting until we're one week into the season.

Clown show.

Seriously... holy ****! The no news was concerning and now this... effing mother eff.

Burke
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

Thats not all that crazy. Thats how it usually goes.

Is there a support group for Burks fans? I need emotional support right now. Anyone know Paul pierces address?

Does this mean we can trade Mack for someone who is not shelvin Mack? Dante goes back to the pg and we get someone who can shoot. I think Mack is secretly sabotaging burks.

I'm so pissed right now...

Is there a support group for Burks fans? I need emotional support right now. Anyone know Paul pierces address?

I'm ****ing fuming right now. This is outrageous.

I don't remember who said it, but I read somewhere on the forums(either here or on realgm) that they were seeing Burks at the airport several days a week and he was flying to LA and NY. The person who posted this said, he's probably getting second opinion from independent doctors. And it turns out that was correct. I'm glad that he did his surgery away from our medical staff, they've proven to be worthless. I really hope some heads roll! This just cannot be happening. You cannot screw up the supposedly routine surgery and rehab of a multi-million dollar athlete like that. This just cannot be happening. It's amateurish.

You should be jumping up and down as it will result in more minutes for your boy no matter what position he plays. More minutes = faster progress. Or this equation is too difficult for you to understand?

Do yo watch the games or are you just a dumba$$,it makes a big difference when your young and having to play a totally different position (SG instead of PG) OR are you just a secret Shelvin Mack lover when he plays PG instead of Exum.
I make no apologies for thinking Exum is way better for the Jazz then Mack is in handling the ball,so you can go sniff in some other hole ....

I am definitely leaning towards Burks being a bust at this point. Time to cut bait. He can't help us if he's never healthy.