What's new

BYU beats Utah again

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Contributor
Hey, some things are just more important than football! (cue coed jokes) ;-)

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment2/56909267-223/byu-daily-meal-schools.html.csp?
Brigham Young University food ranks among best in U.S.
By Lindsay Whitehurst

Brigham Young University has some of the best college food in the country, according to a new study from a culinary website.

The Daily Meal lauded BYU for its six different dining facilities, on-campus farmers market and the Creamery on Ninth East, which acts as the country’s first on-campus, full-service grocery store.

BYU was ranked No. 52 of 60 schools on the list. The top spot was taken by Bowdoin College, a liberal arts school in Maine that consistently tops foodie lists and has its own dining hall food magazine.

The Daily Meal, which covers food, dining and entertaining, claims to produce "more culinary content than any other resource." It surveyed 2,000 schools for the study, placing a premium on healthy, local food, accessibility of food services, student feedback on social media and sustainability.

BYU was the only Utah school to make the list.

Judging from the size of BYU co-eds, I'm surprised BYU isn't higher on the list. Those moo moo's can cook.

:cool:

yqyvypan.jpg

£¥£

Trust me, no Ute would ever even attempt to take pride in the food on campus. White flag raised.

The U of U is a few minutes from Downtown SLC. Pretty sure anyone at the U looking for good food will have an easy time finding it. Although they will have to leave the safety of the compound and might get corrupted by the infidels.

I guess every student body needs to be able to take pride in something. Congratulations Cougs. You should march around campus chanting "We're number 52! We're number 52!"

The U of U is a few minutes from Downtown SLC. Pretty sure anyone at the U looking for good food will have an easy time finding it. Although they will have to leave the safety of the compound and might get corrupted by the infidels.

Besides, nobody actually stays on campus, they just go there for classes and games.

Do you not know about the Panda Express or do you just not like Asian food?

£¥£

You're gonna brag about a Panda Express? C'mon man.

I take that back though, I totally forgot, get a Caputo's breakfast burrito. Oh my god they are so ****ing good. Caputos is bomb. Most their sandwiches are too pricey, but the breakfast burritos are cheap relative to what you get and they're ****ing amazing. A Caputo's burrito and coffee was always the best breakfast for an early OSH or Humanities building class.

and the three dollar pasta is not a bad option in a pinch either.

You're gonna brag about a Panda Express? C'mon man.

I take that back though, I totally forgot, get a Caputo's breakfast burrito. Oh my god they are so ****ing good. Caputos is bomb. Most their sandwiches are too pricey, but the breakfast burritos are cheap relative to what you get and they're ****ing amazing. A Caputo's burrito and coffee was always the best breakfast for an early OSH or Humanities building class.

and the three dollar pasta is not a bad option in a pinch either.

So you don't like Asian food.

Broaden your horizons bro.

Bro, Panda ain't Chinese food.

Newsflash:

pandaexpress.jpg

If you ever make it in there Sneakers, try the Orange Chicken. Somewhat of an acquired taste if you aren't into trying other cultures foods, but after a couple times ordering it you will be hooked, I promise.

Newsflash:

pandaexpress.jpg

If you ever make it in there Sneakers, try the Orange Chicken. Somewhat of an acquired taste if you aren't into trying other cultures foods, but after a couple times ordering it you will be hooked, I promise.

Don't quite get why yous being a dick, but whatever. I don't eat Panda anymore, since a food poisoning experience.

Haha commuter school smack. Nice

Well, I can't talk smack about wins on the field, and the thread is about campus food.

It was a pretty lazy and half hearted effort, but probably true. Why would there be good food on campus when there is nobody there.

Things might change now that the Google chef's have moved from Google to the Ute football practice facility.

Lol I thought that you were a Ute after saying that. In my mind the ability to go off campus and into downtown is a + in Utah's favor.

Lol I thought that you were a Ute after saying that. In my mind the ability to go off campus and into downtown is a + in Utah's favor.

It is a plus, and having trax go right up to campus is awesome. I actually like the campus, but wish they didn't kill the golf course. It might have changed recently, but most students historically have lived off campus, and quite a few are way off campus and not within walking distance. It's not a bad thing, but doesn't drive a need for a lot of good food being located there. Tons of better restaurants in SLC than any other Utah city, why put a good one on campus. Not necessary.