What's new

C.J. Miles

Gyp Rosetti

Banned
I should probably wait until about 10-15 games in to start this thread since one game, like last night, can really skew things, but **** it.

19.8 mpg, 11.8 ppg on 48.5%, 57.8% from three, 80% FT%, 2.5 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.5bpg

Good job C.J. I like where your head's at. Pass the ball a little more though.

I count two games now where Catch 'n' Jack Smiles hasn't been his typical Catch 'n' Jack Smiles self. His consistency is key for our success.

CJ's job is to score when he gets in the game. I am not too concerned about his passing. He usually passes it when other guys are open but when no one is open then there is no one else on the second unit I would rather have shoot it.

CJ is a manic-depressive. When his shot is going, everything is sunshine and lollipops - he's defending, he's rebounding and active on both ends. When his shot isn't going he seems to get way too down on himself and forgets about the other aspects of the game. On bad shooting nights he's his own worst enemy.

Can't complain about the last two games though.

19.8 mpg, 11.8 ppg on 48.5%, 57.8% from three, 80% FT%, 2.5 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.5bpg
The only down side has already been mentioned: consistency.

First 2 games: 14.5 mpg, 2.0 ppg on 12.5%, 0% from three, 100% FT%, 1.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0 bpg
Last 2 games: 25.0 mpg, 20.0 ppg on 60.0%, 72.7% from three, 66.7% FT%, 3.5 rpg, 0 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.0 bpg

Let's hope CJ's mental strategy of strating the season over after the second game continues to work for him.

CJ is a manic-depressive. When his shot is going, everything is sunshine and lollipops - he's defending, he's rebounding and active on both ends. When his shot isn't going he seems to get way too down on himself and forgets about the other aspects of the game. On bad shooting nights he's his own worst enemy.

Interesting idea.

He played great in a specific 2 1/2 minute period last night: Knocked the ball out of bounds, comes right back with a steal, later back on defense kicks a pass when Jazz are playing 5 on 4 (Millsap injury) and need a dead ball, hits a three (8 pts).

I'm not disagreeing with you, but this was defense first and then the scoring spree came.

Wait, are we talking about CJ or AK (or even Deron for that matter)?

First 2 games: 14.5 mpg, 2.0 ppg on 12.5%, 0% from three, 100% FT%, 1.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0 bpg
Last 2 games: 25.0 mpg, 20.0 ppg on 60.0%, 72.7% from three, 66.7% FT%, 3.5 rpg, 0 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.0 bpg

Let's hope CJ's mental strategy of strating the season over after the second game continues to work for him.
Hmmm, would also like to see Deron's stats compared on a First 2 games, Last 2 games basis. I think we can all agree that the only one who really showed up vs. Denver and Phoenix was Millsap.

If we're measuring his consistency then let's at least give the guy a fair shake. Including pre-season, he's had at least 10 points in every game he's been given 20 minutes. He's shot 34 3's and made 17--50%. He's made 28 of 32 free throws for a respectable 87.5%. He's had at least 1 steal in all but 2 games. His minutes were limited in both 0 steal games (15 in each). That's pretty consistent for a 1/2 time player.

He's had 3 bad shooting games out of 12 total. That's not uncommon, and to his credit, the three bad games were consecutive. Those 3 games make him look more consistent.

Let's give him another 20 or 30 games and see.

If CJ can step up and be a 15 ppg guy on good percentages that will be SOOOO huge. The Jazz's bench is atrocious, especially at scoring, so his ability to score will be all that more important. His ability to come in and play well is also especially important since shooting on this team (as with most Jazz teams) seems to be a point of weakness AND Hayward is probably going to take a while to become anything besides late-career poor-man's Harpring (with more athleticism).

On a side note; a stint with the D-League might not be a bad idea for Gordon for a few games just to get his confidence and rhythm up. Especially if he finds himself getting bumped for Price.

15ppg may be a bit much to ask given the talent we have here who also expects a lot of touches, especially when Okur's added back into the mix. Right now, my ideal distribution for points per game for each player, where everyone's involved as much as possible and probably as happy as possible and creating a balanced attack is probably something like this.

Deron 15 ppg
Al 20 ppg (35)
Millstud 14 ppg (49)
AK 14 ppg (63)
Bell 10 ppg (73)
Miles 13 ppg (86)
Hayward 8 ppg (94)
Watson 2 ppg (96)
Elson 2 ppg (98)
Fes 2 ppg (100)
Price 2 ppg (102)
Evans 2 ppg (104)

Once Okur comes back, my fear is will there be enough balls to go around? Hopefully if we're playing well, he simply comes off the bench and it stays that way the rest of the year.

Quote from Sloan about CJ yesterday, thought it was pretty funny

`C.J. made those shots that were heartbreakers for the other team and certainly warmed our hearts when they went in,'' Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said. ``It was really refreshing.''

15ppg may be a bit much to ask given the talent we have here who also expects a lot of touches, especially when Okur's added back into the mix. Right now, my ideal distribution for points per game for each player, where everyone's involved as much as possible and probably as happy as possible and creating a balanced attack is probably something like this.

Deron 15 ppg
Al 20 ppg (35)
Millstud 14 ppg (49)
AK 14 ppg (63)
Bell 10 ppg (73)
Miles 13 ppg (86)
Hayward 8 ppg (94)
Watson 2 ppg (96)
Elson 2 ppg (98)
Fes 2 ppg (100)
Price 2 ppg (102)
Evans 2 ppg (104)

Once Okur comes back, my fear is will there be enough balls to go around? Hopefully if we're playing well, he simply comes off the bench and it stays that way the rest of the year.

Why are you only giving Jefferson 20 and D-Will 15? I'd expect something more like 22-23/17-18 as more optimal. How about?

AJ 22
D-Will 17 (39)
Millsap 15 (54)
Miles 11 (65)
Okur 11 (76)
AK 9 (85)
Bell 7 (92)
Fes 4 (96)
Hayward 3 (99)
Watson 2 (101)
Elson 1 (102)
Evans 1 (103)
Price 1 (104)

If you write off the first two games and look just at the last two, CJ is putting up:

20 ppg
60% fg (15 - 25)
8 - 11 on 3-pts.
3.5 rebs.
in 25 mpg.

It's early in the season, but that's a good sign. We don't have anyone else who can do that.