What's new

C.J. Miles

CJ has done close to what I expected he would/could do. Raja has been a little disappointing and Hayward seems to be regressing instead of improving. Hopefully playing Golden State will help Hayward get some more confidence.

The only down side has already been mentioned: consistency.

First 2 games: 14.5 mpg, 2.0 ppg on 12.5%, 0% from three, 100% FT%, 1.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0 bpg
Last 2 games: 25.0 mpg, 20.0 ppg on 60.0%, 72.7% from three, 66.7% FT%, 3.5 rpg, 0 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.0 bpg

Let's hope CJ's mental strategy of strating the season over after the second game continues to work for him.

the consistency sample isnt a good sample

cus almost all players sucked the first 2 games

If you write off the first two games and look just at the last two, CJ is putting up:

20 ppg
60% fg (15 - 25)
8 - 11 on 3-pts.
3.5 rebs.
in 25 mpg.

It's early in the season, but that's a good sign. We don't have anyone else who can do that.

Not only this but last night was the 1st game I have watched and his defense was pretty good. He got complimented by the announcer's a few times for defense and seemed to have good energy on that end of the floor. He still needs to learn to use his body more on defense but having Raja here and practicing against him should help him learn that.

If we're measuring his consistency then let's at least give the guy a fair shake. Including pre-season, he's had at least 10 points in every game he's been given 20 minutes. He's shot 34 3's and made 17--50%. He's made 28 of 32 free throws for a respectable 87.5%. He's had at least 1 steal in all but 2 games. His minutes were limited in both 0 steal games (15 in each). That's pretty consistent for a 1/2 time player.
Agreed with this and also with the comments on sample size. Right off the bat the sample size of 4 games is too small and so is 12 (if we count preseason as equal, which is a bit questionable). So when I split an already small sample size in half, sure, it's small, but it shows the roller coaster CJ has been on for 4 games. I'm just glad he's on the top of a hill now, and I hope he stays there.

I mostly just wanted to mention the bold section...CJ would have been "given" 20 minutes in both of those games if not for his foul trouble, so he's the only one who kept himself off the court for the additional 5/6 minutes in the two games. Even with poor shooting, I think he would have gotten enough more minutes to hit 20.

I mostly just wanted to mention the bold section...CJ would have been "given" 20 minutes in both of those games if not for his foul trouble, so he's the only one who kept himself off the court for the additional 5/6 minutes in the two games. Even with poor shooting, I think he would have gotten enough more minutes to hit 20.

You're right there. I left it out as I was already writing a novel. To add, his high fouls coincided with poor shooting, as candrew has pointed out.