What's new

Call your shot — who is on the roster next year

Ineptimusprime

Locker room cleanout today. Who will be putting stuff back in lockers at the end of the summer? Call your shot.

Coming back

Mitchell
Gobert
Conley
Ingles
Clarkson
Doke
Hughes

Gone

Bogey
Favors
Niang
Oni
Brantley
Forrest
Morgan
Ersan
Thomas

Getting rid of bogey while retaining jingles would be nuts. I’m interested in if Forrest can be a player. His size and speed were impressive. The rest of those listed can be sent packing. I’m done with Oni, Brantley, and Morgan especially. Those guys just haven’t developed. And we desperately needed them to.

I think people are being a bit too liberal on who will be gone as trading bad salary isn’t easy, but I think Conley and Niang have played their last games.

I think people are being a bit too liberal on who will be gone as trading bad salary isn’t easy, but I think Conley and Niang have played their last games.
The only “bad” salary on my list is Fav. Bogey has positive value and I think everyone else can be waived or just not re-signed.

Getting rid of bogey while retaining jingles would be nuts. I’m interested in if Forrest can be a player. His size and speed were impressive. The rest of those listed can be sent packing. I’m done with Oni, Brantley, and Morgan especially. Those guys just haven’t developed. And we desperately needed them to.
From a basketball perspective I’d rather keep Bogey. But Bogey has more trade value unless someone wants Ingles’ expiring.

I don't want Conley back, I want Gobert traded as well as ingles, Bojan. Get rid of favors and I never want to see Niang on our roster ever again

Sadly, I’m guessing the whole rotation will be back. We don’t have cap space, so replacing players is near impossible. The only rotation guy I could see leaving is Conley because he is a FA.

Back: Mitchell, Dok, Bogey, Rudy, Favs, Clarkson, JIngles, Royce, Forrest, Brantley and First Round Draft Pick.. Everyone else on the roster is gone.

Pretty sure Jazz want Mitchell, Clarkson, Bogdanovich, Ingles, O'Neal, back... probably Azubuike, Hughes too the talent is there.
Add the 30th pick or whatever it produces.
Not sure on anything or anyone beyond that.
It's "questionable" whether Conley or Gobert are part of the next Mithell's championship run...
Coaching staff will be assessed; I think is 75/25 in Coach's favor, but it's not a sure thing just right now.
New ownership first offseason. I think the whole thing will have a different look in a couple seasons window, and prime DM will have more tools around.

So based on info and reports Jazz will keep the top core 8 and Quin and DL
They will try to find a tall athletic wing defender and call it good
How does that sound?

Last edited:
So based on info and reports Jazz will keep the top core 8 and Quin and DL
They will try and find an tall athletic wing defender and call it good
How does that sound?
Sounds like I’m going to be focusing less on NBA basketball next year. I just don’t have a lot of fan interest in running it back again.

It makes me feel apathetic about Jazz basketball, to be honest.

My floor for happiness is the FO getting fired. Sounds like that isn’t happening. I’ll go back to where I was pre-2015 — just watching college sports.

Last edited:
Doesn't work that way I'm afraid. Especially when you have an incompetent GM like DL. Any major changes brought to the roster would just end up making the matter worse.

Keep:
Donovan
Rudy
Ingles (play him less minutes/bench)
Clarkson (bench)
O'Neal (bench)
Bogie
Forrest (bench)
Dok (bench)

Can live without the rest

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app