What's new

Call Your Shot (Presidential Race)

can you please point me to your evidence for the claim that I support communism? tia

Your statement about income disparity and that Reagan spending "our" money to end Cold War was " not a good one". Income disparity is beauty of capitalism - if you do not understand it, too bad, maybe you should learn more about it. I lived in the system where doctor, lawyer, tractor driver, janitor, teacher and plumber where earning roughly the same money with no prospect of ever making more. Trust me - it is ugly thing.

Your statement about income disparity and that Reagan spending "our" money to end Cold War was " not a good one". Income disparity is beauty of capitalism - if you do not understand it, too bad, maybe you should learn more about it. I lived in the system where doctor, lawyer, tractor driver, janitor, teacher and plumber where earning roughly the same money with no prospect of ever making more. Trust me - it is ugly thing.

sigh.

Let me give you a different example. It'll start with a question:

Do you believe it is possible to support something (like, for example, the Iraq War in 2003), but disparage the way that effort was executed/managed?

sigh.

Let me give you a different example. It'll start with a question:

Do you believe it is possible to support something (like, for example, the Iraq War in 2003), but disparage the way that effort was executed/managed?

Obviously. Are you saying you supported end of Cold War but not the way money was spent to achieve it?

Obviously. Are you saying you supported end of Cold War but not the way money was spent to achieve it?

obviously. Among other things. And, frreal, shame on you for drawing the conclusions you did with the info you had + the speed you allowed yourself to draw those conclusions.

There are a myriad of ways that someone could have supported the end of what had become of the soviet project without supporting the way the United States went about it.

ciao

. And, frreal, shame on you for drawing the conclusions you did with the info you had + the speed you allowed yourself to draw those conclusions.

Sorry if I over reacted. It is sensitive topic for me personally.

Surely you don't think the case is closed just by reading these kinds of approval ratings. Dalamon is probably pointing to the effects/affects of Reagan's economic policies. I happen to be a member of the crowd of people who think Reagan's presidency was a disaster on these terms (and others). Clinton's presidency, too.

You don't need to do very much research to find these arguments. I trust you can find them if you actually care to.

Clinton was a continuation of Reagan in a ton of ways. Watergate boys redux.

Sorry if I over reacted. It is sensitive topic for me personally.

If I understand Naos' position on economics he is no supporter of communism, nor is he a supporter of capitalism. He will not accept the false dichotomy that he must choose between a government controlled economy and concentrating wealth in the hands of those that have capital.