What's new

Can the Raja Bell experiment please end?

I think the CJ experiment is more likely. Jazz like to shop players early in the season by giving them extra minutes (i.e. Maynor) and having the announcers talk about how wonderful they're playing. I know you all love Harpring going on about the wonders of CJ.

I think the CJ experiment is more likely. Jazz like to shop players early in the season by giving them extra minutes (i.e. Maynor) and having the announcers talk about how wonderful they're playing. I know you all love Harpring going on about the wonders of CJ.

You think the Jazz are most likely to trade the closest thing the Jazz have to a scoring wing?

Wait, you really think the Jazz tell their announcers to hype certain players to make them more attractive to other teams? I can see it now.

NBA Executive : "Hey what do you think about CJ Miles"
NBA GM : "He kind of sucks"
NBA Executive : "Have you heard Harpring and Bolerjack talk about him? He is the next Ginobili coming off the bench!"
NBA GM : " Your right. How could I have been so stupid?"

You think the Jazz are most likely to trade the closest thing the Jazz have to a scoring wing?

If the deal is right. You really think they don't shop people in the NBA?

Wait, you really think the Jazz tell their announcers to hype certain players to make them more attractive to other teams? I can see it now.

It's possible. Why don't you run some crazy analysis on it and get back to me with the results. All I'm saying is it's happened in the past.

If you watch basketball and don't realize how much of an impact Raja has made on the defensive side of the ball - as well as in the locker room - well, I don't really know what to tell you. By all means, friend, let your ignorance shine.

Post of the day.

If they can get an ACTUAL scoring wing, or some other player that might have a real impact then you betcha!

I agree with this. Though I don't think Raja has been that great for us on the floor. He has been absolutely huge in the leadership role with this team.

Absolutely huge, huh? Mind shedding some light on that? I mean, I know he gave some raw-raw speech at halftime a few games ago, but other than that, wtf are you talking about?

We can't measure Bell's leadership but I think we'd all agree that he brings some, the degree of which is unknown. What is known, in my opinion, is that without, we have no strong veteran leaders on this team. Deron? Meh. Elson, maybe a little. Got me?

We can't measure Bell's leadership but I think we'd all agree that he brings some, the degree of which is unknown. What is known, in my opinion, is that without, we have no strong veteran leaders on this team. Deron? Meh. Elson, maybe a little. Got me?

What makes you say "meh" about Deron?

Absolutely huge, huh? Mind shedding some light on that? I mean, I know he gave some raw-raw speech at halftime a few games ago, but other than that, wtf are you talking about?

Besides that speech at half time of the heat game that started out comeback streak? I would point to the road record and the toughness of this team, both things they have lacked in the past. How about Deron, and somebody else (can't remember who Jefferson maybe) pointing out his leadership? Guys on the radio closer to the team than us have also made a point of saying that Bell is definitely one of the leaders of the locker room for this team.

Besides that speech at half time of the heat game that started out comeback streak? I would point to the road record and the toughness of this team, both things they have lacked in the past. How about Deron, and somebody else (can't remember who Jefferson maybe) pointing out his leadership? Guys on the radio closer to the team than us have also made a point of saying that Bell is definitely one of the leaders of the locker room for this team.

Just a thought but I cannot remember anyone saying stuff like this about Carlos "I'm-Opting-Out-Regardless" Bozzer.

I agree with the general premise. Raja is helping by his presence. But I definitely don't think he should command starters minutes with his current production. CJs D has been as good as Raja's lately- he isn't as tough but he has better physical tools to work with and has actually done a good job covering his guy, with the occasional glaring lapse.

Raja's shooting and durability will always cause me concern, but it's hard to measure his leadership - on and off the court.
One example was in the 3rd quarter against the Clippers Bell made a terrific hustle play - running back on transition defense and stealing the ball from Blake Griffin spun past Deron and had a layup until Bell stripped him - a 2-point defensive play that only shows up as 1 steal in the box score.

My main issue with Bell is he's a 1-dimensional player - a spot-up shooter who is having accuracy issues. If he puts the ball on the floor more than once bad things usually happen, but he does bring more to the table than just a poor FG percentage.