What's new

Carmelo Anthony

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
I can't believe I'm even proposing this trade, but there's a part of me that feels it would be the perfect fit.

OKC Trades: Carmelo Anthony to UTA
UTA Trades: Favors and Johnson to OKC

OKC does this because so far the big 3 are not clicking. They're in need of some size and a Carmelo-like iso scorer that won't jack up 24 shots. This will open up things for their 2 better players in Westbrook and George, while improving their already great defense with Favors.

UTA does this because it's obvious we need a dynamic, mobile, scoring PF. Like Joe Johnson but with more gas in the tank and Jerebko with more skill and consistency. Melo is Joe Johnson in 3 years. He would provide the scoring needed, like Johnson provides in small doses, at the PF, stretching the floor for Rudy. Melo may be a little bitch, and doesn't play much defense, but he can spread the floor and I guarantee winning will solve a lot of his mental problems.

I'm not a fan of him personally, and he has a no trade clause so there's little chance he approves a UTA trade. But I can't help but think how perfect his offensive game would fit with this current team. Hell, I'll bet it would jump start his next and final big contract. Plus, UTA obviously needs to make a move to improve the team and make a serious run at the playoffs, **** tanking. I think Melo gets this team to where is was last year, at least.

Roast away jerks.

It feels really weird to say this, but I think this is actually a good idea, but I don't think OKC is going to break up their big 3.

I just have little reason to believe he would actually buy into Quin's system. If he did, and accepted the Joe Johnson role, he would be amazing.

Dream Scenario: Utah trades for Melo. Melo falls in love with Utah, marrying some Mormon girl. That summer, Melo calls up Lebron: "Yo, Lebron, this place is amazing. I use to think Utah is lame, but the mountains bruh. Come to Utah"
That's a nightmare situation to me.

Dream Scenario: Utah trades for Melo. Melo falls in love with Utah, marrying some Mormon girl. That summer, Melo calls up Lebron: "Yo, Lebron, this place is amazing. I use to think Utah is lame, but the mountains bruh. Come to Utah"

It's people like you that give Utah a bad... Ha ha ha

No seriously folks. OKC would get relief and it would probably help them to have two scorers and not three. I think that both teams would be better IF Melo came in with a good attitude. Melo without an attitude would be a really amazing fit. Unfortunately, Melo had an attitude in Denver, New York, and now OKC. We opt for character guys above all. Melo's attitude could matastisis to our otherwise solid locker room and for that reason... we pass.

Favors is on the rise. No Rudy or JJ and he's playing pretty well. And the fact he's doing it at center increases his value. DL has some interesting choices to make....

Favors is on the rise. No Rudy or JJ and he's playing pretty well. And the fact he's doing it at center increases his value. DL has some interesting choices to make....
Not really. Before Rudy comes back and after 12/15, you do a hard check around the league about Faves. If the Jazz are willing to take on 2019 salary, I think someone would offer either a decent pick (not lottery) or decent prospect.

Regardless of if the right deal materializes or not, Favors will not be on the team next year and the Jazz aren't contending this year or next, so...

I'm not sure I see this working, especially since Melo isn't getting younger, I don't see him signing off on the deal, and I don't see him staying.

As far as the basketball stuff, I think it has the potential to be pretty damn cool.

Joe Johnson to me at this stage of his career is still better than Carmelo. But, in fairness, I've never been a fan of Carmelo, he just seems to have attitude issues and can be shut down by the likes of Harpring-style players.

He’s toxic. We knew this 10+ years ago. People reluctant to accept the fact that toxic players with lots of talent won’t help you win. It’s like the woman thinking she can change that guy who’s cool but a serial abuser. People have started to come around somewhat on Carmelo, hence his value (or lack thereof) when NY was shopping him.

Our team, as presently constituted, is greater than the sum of its parts because of its dynamic and character. He’d be absolutely toxic to that.

Lebron makes every team he joins an instant contender. But okay dude.
Yes he would make us a contender, but that does not mean I like him or want him on our team. There are many players that would make us better that I do not want. Liking my team is important to me.