What's new

Carmelo expected to be 6th man

Watcher

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...pected-to-start-carmelo-anthony-to-be-6th-man

I think this is the right thing to do but I wonder how well Carmelo will go along with it.

After the Utah Jazz eliminated the Thunder in the first round of the playoffs last season, Anthony said he had no interest in coming off the bench, per NBA.com: "Yeah, I'm not sacrificing no bench role. So, that's out of the question."

Melo's tune has seemingly changed since signing with the Rockets.

When asked Monday about possibly coming off the bench, Anthony seemed open to it, per MacMahon: "Whatever I have to do to help this team win a championship, that's what's going to be done."

Eric Gordon is possibly the best 6th man in the NBA. One of the best of all time in the role. And they're going to start him? LOL, okay. If they were smart both Gordon and Melo would be coming off of the bench. I'm not going to complain tho, it's good for us. Their bench is going to be much weaker.

Eric Gordon is possibly the best 6th man in the NBA. One of the best of all time in the role. And they're going to start him? LOL, okay. If they were smart both Gordon and Melo would be coming off of the bench. I'm not going to complain tho, it's good for us. Their bench is going to be much weaker.

Meh, stronger starters weaker bench isnt much of an argument. Bench gets short in playoffs anyway.