What's new

CBS sports with some pretty high praise for the Jazz

I think Golden State's bench is overrated. No way they're the #2 bench in the league. Livingston and Iggy are legit, everyone else is garbage...I think losing Barbosa, Speights and Ezeli will hurt them.

Crazy what Dennis Lindsey has done this offseason

Wow, a ranked list that doesn't have you click through 40 pages of ads and shifting webdesign. I must've died and woke up in 2004

So if we've got the 5th best starting lineup and the best bench that puts us easily at 4th in the league, does it not? Obviously we couldn't be any lower than 5th.

Are you guys ready to enjoy a season of Jazz basketball? Like are you guys really really ready? Cus it's gonna be fun this year!

Awesome article.

Where is ncoloradojazz saying that cbssports are jazz homers?

Some of those bench rankings look pretty arbitrary; but to even be in the best bench discussion is exciting.

I thought the bench ranking was high and then I looked at the benches around the NBA and think its accurate if you assume Diaw isn't too fat and Lyles takes a step forward. Ingles, Withey, Neto, and Mack are also decent rotation guys so we can withstand an injury here and there.

I do think we should move Mack if someone offers up a good second rounder. I would like to see Neto get any mop up minutes. Between Hill/Exum and running all wing lineups I just don't see Mack or Neto being part of the rotation. Even if there is an injury at PG I think we'd just play our wings more.

The article has our bench barely beating the Warriors. Sorry, but I would take Jingles over Ian Clark, Burks over Livingston, Trey over David West, and Boris Diaw over Anderson Varejao. Iggy beats out Joe Johnson. But a 4 headed ExumWitheyMackaNetosaurus puts us over the top by far. They didn't mention that all 4 of these guys have started for us at least 10 games in the last 2 years.

The rally Churro, the Koolaid, the punch...

I have consumed them all by the truckload. We need to go full course this year. No more kid snacks. I am talking about the whole enchilada!

Anyone want to take a stab at the players' scoring averages this year? Seems like we'd have a bunch of guys averaging low double-figures.

Ran into a Jazz fan on the court today. We talked about the CBS list, he was pretty hyped on the team this year. Always fun running into the rare Jazz fan down South.

Anyone want to take a stab at the players' scoring averages this year? Seems like we'd have a bunch of guys averaging low double-figures.

I tried taking a stab at minutes and it was tough. If we are healthy some guys will probably not be too happy.

I wonder if we do the thing where on backend of back to backs we play the bench guys that did not play the night before. Like ingles takes Joe johnsons minutes or neto picks up exums minutes. No idea how we work it all out but there are some interesting options.

And IDK, I like our bench, but it's just wild to think of it as the best in the NBA. Kind of feel like it be might be overrating us, but I guess we do have a pretty elite bench if Burks actually stays healthy.