What's new

Celtics are atrading, rebuilding machine

Jeffrey32

Adrian Wojnarowski: Boston is nearing an agreement to send Jeff Green to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and a first-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: https://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.laJU4ua6.dpuf

Adrian Wojnarowski: Boston is nearing an agreement to send Jeff Green to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and a first-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: https://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.laJU4ua6.dpuf
Adrian Wojnarowski: If Green deal is finalized tonight, Boston GM Danny Ainge will potentially have 11 first-round picks over the next four years. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: https://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.laJU4ua6.dpuf

Danny Ainge is about to make Philly look good.

Just proves that there are deals out there to be had. Contrary to popular opinion on Jazzfanz that trading Jefferson, Millsap, etc..was impossible.

If the Jazz would have blown up that team when they should have, then we'd be in even better position now.

Just proves that there are deals out there to be had. Contrary to popular opinion on Jazzfanz that trading Jefferson, Millsap, etc..was impossible.

If the Jazz would have blown up that team when they should have, then we'd be in even better position now.

No doubt, but now that we have Rudy, I feel pretty good about how things are going. It's possible that we could have added Rudy to team that was already a playoff team, but if we had a player like Jefferson ahead of him, Rudy would have probably been buried on the bench for a couple years. Maybe everything happens for a reason.:D

The franchise was so confused back then.

So glad Lindsey and Snyder are running the show now.

... it feels somewhat important to point out that not all franchises have the luxury of playing in Boston and Philly -- two cities that will ALWAYS have an NBA team. I'm sure it's a little easier to dump all talent in those cases.

I say this, though, as a critic of how we treaded water for 2.5 years. I wish someone in the organization would have had more courage.

Like Freak said, though, Rudy might save the whole thing. Getting him at 27 might have gained us an entire tank-year.

Celtics keep trading... Now, Jameer Nelson for Nate Robinson. Ainge is certainly aggressive. He must really want Jahil Okafor.

Nate+Robinson+jumps+Paul+Pierce.gif

101216.06.jpg

Thanks to CoreConcept from Realgm where I stole this.

The franchise was so confused back then.

So glad Lindsey and Snyder are running the show now.

I don't know if confused is quite the word. The goal handed down by the Millers was to compete for the playoffs. KOC was successful in doing that. After completely building around AK, he then replaced Boozer with Jefferson. Got great value for Deron. Rebuilt with veterans around Millsap, Big Al and a promising, young Gordon Hayward.

Lindsey came in with radical new ideas. But even at that, I'm not sure he would have won had it not been for GS stepping in with a deal he and the Millers couldn't refuse. As free agency began, Lindsey was spouting about "value shopping." He confirmed the Jazz were still having conversations with Paul and his agent. Big Al was a goner - and so was Mo. But the Jazz were still at the fork in the road.

I read that Ainge has amassed 26 picks in the next 4 drafts.

If Jazz find themselves needing to reset the rebuild, Gordon to the celtics for a bunch of picks would jump start rebuild part 2.

I read that Ainge has amassed 26 picks in the next 4 drafts.

If Jazz find themselves needing to reset the rebuild, Gordon to the celtics for a bunch of picks would jump start rebuild part 2.

This all the way. The Jazz are in a great position to start rebuild 2.0
We nearly have our front court covered with Favors and Gobert, just need 2 equally consistent wings and a proper PG (still believe in Exum) and we're set for a good while.